• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Things can only get better...

Netutopia

Alpha Buck
I haven't been on RU for ages and I have been having a horrible time.

In July we lost both Syrup and Nibbles, both bunnies were fit and healthy, Syrup passed away overnight and Nibbles was fine one day, ill the next. We took him to the vets and they kept him in overnight but he did not make it through the night. :cry:

We found a lump on our 6 year old labrador, Dufus, a sample was sent away for testing and there were some bad cells, it was a mast cell tumor, so he had to go in and have the lump removed - thank goodness the operation went well and he has had an ultrasound to make sure that it had not spread and he has now been discharged from the vets. :D

My Dad cut his hand with some garden shears and damaged the tendon in his thumb and chipped the bone. He had to have a routine operation, which should have been done as a day patient, during which his pulse rate went up to over 140 so they kept him in overnight and ran lots of tests. He has now been discharged and has got to go back for more tests on his heart.

So, that is why I haven't been on here!

On a more positive note I have managed to rebond Thumper, Sweep and Merry:

tn_trio.jpg

They are really happy together. We did try and bond Pickles and Thumper but that did not go well, he was totally intimidated by her size.

Pickes is very happy being spoilt rotton by us with a big shed and the back garden all to herself:

tn_pickle.jpg

So here is to a more positive September - things can only get better.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear you've been having such an awful time lately. :(:( I had a little soft spot for Nibbles, he was gorgeous. :love: Sleep tight Nibbles and Syrup.

I'm glad to hear the op on Dufus went well; it must have been a huge worry fo you at the time and fingers crossed your dad is ok too. xx

I'm sorry you've had such a hard time recently, and very sorry to hear that Syrup and Nibbles have gone to the bridge :(

Thumper, Sweep and Merry look very happy together :D Pickles and the threesome are all lovely :love::love::love:

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.

Sorry you've had a bad time and lost two bunnies:(

Nice to see pics of the others:D How are the piggies doing?

Jill, the piggies are wonderful and thank goodness all seem to be such hardy little creatures. :D

Sugar and Spice are now very happily living with Max and Percy is with Daisy and Crunchie.

Shaggy and Pumpkin, the 2 boars that I had to separate are now happily reunited as Pumpkin's hormones seem to have settled down.

And the Squeaker brothers are really happy - as always.

Will try and get some pigtures of them soon.

Back