• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sorry - long foolishness

lunar6769

Alpha Buck
Sorry about this long message - feel a bit emotional...

I know that it is probably better for Fluffy and Miffy to be separate tonight - she had her spay today - they can see each other through the bars but they are both just sitting looking at each other forlornly :( - not in their beds - usually this time of night they are cuddled up together.

I think that they are better off separate (she is in the run with shelter and he is in the hutch - both in enclosure but penned in for night ) so that he doesn't bother her in the night when I can't keep an eye on them.
They were okay this evening together - he is curious about her new smell and stitches and kept trying to nuzzle/nudge her tummy which we were able to stop - no aggression at all just curiosity.
Also she is on soft kitchen roll torn up and he has the usual hay-filled bed area so she can't' just join him without me taking the hutch apart!

I feel terrible that they are just looking at each other and not snuggled up but is this my heart ruling my head here???
Will they be okay for one night?
Should I keep them separate for a few more nights - they will be supervised in the day?

I would bring her indoors tonight, when a buns been speyed they need monitoring, and can soon lose body heat. I always keep mine indoors for a couple of days and nights.

I never spilt up any of mine after neuter,She does need to stay indoors tonight though,After a Ga rabbits cant maintain body heat

They had a good night - all toilet functions back to normal - and eating well. So pleased. Thank you for all help :)

Back