• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tomato Leaves

Ralph

Young Bun
Are these ok for Rabbits to eat? Ralph wont touch the actual tomato but thought I could include the leaves in his diet?

No these are a definite no no I'm afraid - the actually tomatoes are ok in small quantities, but the leaves are posionous.

Tomato plants are poisonous to bunnies. I think they're related to that Deadly Nightshade plant... So leaves would be a no-no, I should thing. ^^

My bunnies were not too keen on tomato until I cut one in half, scooped out the gooey bit and then offered it to them.

Glad I read this!!Ozzie is currently indoors until I can bond him with the others and my tomato plants are in the corner,will def keep him away from them.:shock:

tomato/plants/greens

Are these ok for Rabbits to eat? Ralph wont touch the actual tomato but thought I could include the leaves in his diet?
no,no,plants--sounds weird,,tomato(fruit)ok,/.but the actual plants,including leaves--no can eat,,,obtain a free list of safe fruits/vegy, and toxic,etc. plants from house of rabbit society or adopt a rabbit society,,sincerely james waller

Back