• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hazel nuts

I buy mixed leaves, herbs, flower mixes from Natures Grub. I came across what looks like a hazelnut in one of the mixes. It advertises that this mix is safe for bunnies and lists hazel leaves in it.

Are hazelnuts safe for them though? I thought rabbits don't eat nuts.

Just wanted to clarify this point.

Thanks [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm fairly certain rabbit cannot eat nuts. Nuts have fats that rabbits wouldn't digest well so I wouldn't risk it.
That's what I thought. I did not feed it to them. There are hazel leaves and possibly twigs in this mix aswell. Are they safe? Can I still feed them this mix if I take out any hazelnuts?

Thanks

Casper and Sophie really like the hazel leaves from the trees behind my parents' garden; they're definitely safe! The twigs, too, like Zoobec said. Sophie and Casper aren't really a fan of those, so I hope your two will like them more!

Mine eat hazel - its not their fave but there is lots growing in Bobs dads allotment. They arrive with nuts on which I remove before feeding - however quite often I'll miss one or two & they are always left.

Casper and Sophie really like the hazel leaves from the trees behind my parents' garden; they're definitely safe! The twigs, too, like Zoobec said. Sophie and Casper aren't really a fan of those, so I hope your two will like them more!
Oh that makes me feel better. I was worried xx

Mine eat hazel - its not their fave but there is lots growing in Bobs dads allotment. They arrive with nuts on which I remove before feeding - however quite often I'll miss one or two & they are always left.
Oh great. I will look out for them but seems like they already know not to eat them then [emoji4]

Back