• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When Jet found Stitch up in Rainbow Bridge

vicki267

Mama Doe
When Jet found Stitch up in Rainbow Bridge

The darkness slowly vanished into a streak of bright white light, her eyes opened up the black hole engulfing her sudden feeling of misery and loneliness.

“What is happening to me?” she thought

Soon the bright light looked familiar, it reminded her of a very happy day indeed; it was the very first day her new owner took her outside into the garden to play and work off some of her excess chubbiness! The light looked just like that day – A big yellow ball sitting on some white cotton in a very blue sky. Even the wind blew as it did on that precious day, the air parting her fur and the warm rays shining down upon her black fur. She sat and realised just how happy she could be in her new home, the happiest she had ever been in her whole life – Then she stood up and attempted the most disfunctional binky the whole rabbit world had ever seen.

That perfect day, had only been about five or six months prior to today, for a moment she was sad, she started to cry and look around for her master and husbun, she couldn’t find them anywhere and then realised that she had been taken from them. Her last day on earth had been dramatically different to all the others, she was in pain and although her master tried to help she knew she didn’t have the strength to pull through. She had always been a poorly bun, with occasional fits and previously being extremely overweight. It suddenly dawned on her where she was now standing.

She was standing at a big wooden gate, each panel painted a different colour of the rainbow: Red, yellow, pink, green, purple orange and blue. Her master had told her all about this place and that one day, when Lord Frith took her from Earth, she would be taken to a wonderful place where she would no longer feel any pain and she could live the best life available to rabbits, one with no illness, fighting or evil.

She looked at the gate in amazement and waited for something to happen.

“Welcome Jet, you shall be very happy here” said a deep and sincere voice

She looked around but could not see anybun – Then the colourful wooden gates opened up and revealed lush green grass, dandilions in full bloom, bushes full of fruit and best of all, excited bunnies of all shapes and sizes eating, sleeping and binkying around the whole field. It was full of millions of tunnels connecting one warren to the next, nowhere was off limits!

A few rabbits ran over and welcomed her and introduced themselves as Hazel-Rah and Fiver.

“Do you know of a rabbit named Stitch?” she asked them

“Well there are many named as such” said Hazel-Rah “but I believe the one you are in search for lives under that apple tree over there and lives with two black rabbits named Scruff and Tinks”

“Could you introduce me to him” she asked

The apple tree looked much closer than it actually was, it was a good 30 minute hop away, and apparently it’s the bridges way of making everywhere searchable for all the inhabitants.

When they finally reached the tree, Hazel-Rah let off a huge stomp and Stitch popped his head out of the tunnel.

“Oh hello, Hazel-Rah, what can I do for you?” inquired Stitch

“Well Stitch, I believe this young lady here, has just come from your home on Earth, I shall leave you two to have a chat”

Stitch stared at Jet for a moment and then burst into happy tears

“How was my master when you saw her last?”

“She was very sad as she knew I was leaving her, still she held me in her arms and told me she would always love me, she told me to come and find you and tell you how much she has missed you too”

“Oh, I’ve missed her too, she gave me such a happy home, I am eternally grateful , for I know many rabbits here who did not have that luxury”

“What do you mean?”

“Well Scruff and Tinks for example were left in a tiny hutch outside, even in the rain and cold, they were husbun and wife and poor Tinks couldn’t handle all the breeding that Scruff wanted to do. She gave birth to their first litter and after five weeks their owner decided they needed to sell the babies to give the two more space again. Well a week later Tinks gave birth again, this time to 11 kits! Most of them died but the others were taken away again. Poor Tinks was in the middle of producing her third litter in three months when she gave up, she had no more energy left. Her babies all died and so did she, so she came to Rainbow Bridge and is now happy and healthy again.”

“What happened to Scruff?” Asked Jet

“Poor Scruff loved his wifebun very much, he stopped eating once they threw her body out. They didn’t even notice him until it was too late. His body had been there two whole days before they realised that he too had come to see the wonders of Rainbow Bridge and rejoin Tinks – He couldn’t live without her.”

“What about the other rabbits here?”

“Generally they were very well looked after” said Stitch “some were treated like the hoomins real life children, kinda like us! There were some lovely places that gave special bunnies the benefit of the doubt, taking them into their care regardless of whatever ailment got in their way. Good hoomins really do exist after all! It’s the sad stories which always stand out more though, cases of neglect and impulse buys. For example, Jeffy who lives alone under the cherry tree (his own choice as to get some peace and quiet), was bought on Easter Sunday by a hoomin for her four year old daughter, apparently the mum hoomin, always called him names when cleaning him out: “liability” & “nuisance”, one day, two years after coming home to them he also stopped eating, the mum was nice enough to take him to the vets. The vet looked into his mouth and noticed his teeth were very bad and that eating would be very painful. The vet advised that Jeffy needed a dental – When the vet announced that on top of the £20 consultation fee, the dental will come to £150, and there is every possibility he will need dentals in the future. The mum stood and thought. She asked how much it would cost to put the animal to sleep. The vet said £25 and the rest was history. The mum told the vet to dispose of the body as her little girl had already forgotten that Jeffy existed”

“On the bright side though, I’m guessing Jeffy can now eat?” said Jet

“Oh yes, it’s his favourite hobby and causes him no pain, but all he ever desired was for someone to love him”

“So you enjoy it here? It seems great, Mum said I should find you, if you had lived long enough she said that I may have even ended up your wifebun!”

“That would have been nice, will you be my wifebun now?”

“Sure I will, but one day our other friends will join us and then we’ll have more husbuns and wifebuns, right?”

“I’m sure they will allow that up here” Stitch said with a smile

“Tell me more about your favourite places here”

“I love it all, and now you are my wifebun I will show you our whole kingdom for the rest of eternity”

“Are other animals allowed?”

“Yes, but only if they like rabbits, there are other Rainbow Bridges for other animals too but some choose to come here. Dougie the cat was best friends with Flopsie and decided to come and join him. We don’t have foxes here either – I think they go somewhere very dark where they will be punished... I don’t care as long as they are not here, many of the buns were killed by foxes! This is a safe place.

“Can you see again?”

“Yes, I have my eye back, I have no idea where it came from but it’s excellent, now I can see how beautiful you are”

“Stop trying to charm me and take me for a tour”

Stitch took Jet off into the sunset, they binkied about the fields all night and found lots of bunnies with successful stories of nice hoomins to talk to. So many rabbits were given a second chance, and thanked their masters on Earth for the happiest times, even though some of them were extremely poorly, the hoomins never stopped caring. Regardless of vetinary costs and time consumption, those lucky rabbits knew the true meaning of love – Even if some of them only experienced it for a short while.

Before falling asleep, Jet cuddled up to Stitch and said:

“Maybe Angels do exist on Earth after all, and many of them use the Rabbit Rehome forums!”

They slept that night like never before and dreamt of their old and new homes, perfect.

Last edited:
Haha, glad you like it. I was feeling ill last night and started thinking up a little story so I thought I'd share :lol:

Can someone pass me a tissue! What a lovely story! Made me think of Minstrel - I hope he's found a wifeybun at Rainbow Bridge too! xx

Back