• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Help...bunny problem

Today I saved a bunny from this woman who said she could no longer take care of him.

When I picked up the bunny from her house, I noticed it had nails that were an very long (about an inch-some were even bloody stumps where it was apparent they broke off), that it limped, and it seemed to be too skinny. One of its eyes sticks out and seems to look up to the ceiling.

I have experience with rabbits (I'm a proud owner:D), however, I've never seen a bunny in this bad of a condition. At this point of time, I don't have enough money to take it to the vet.

The bunny is so jumpy that it won't let me near it in order to cut its nails or treat him. I have no idea what is wrong with his eye.

Can anyone please help?:cry:

Today I saved a bunny from this woman who said she could no longer take care of him.

When I picked up the bunny from her house, I noticed it had nails that were an very long (about an inch-some were even bloody stumps where it was apparent they broke off), that it limped, and it seemed to be too skinny. One of its eyes sticks out and seems to look up to the ceiling.

I have experience with rabbits (I'm a proud owner:D), however, I've never seen a bunny in this bad of a condition. At this point of time, I don't have enough money to take it to the vet.

The bunny is so jumpy that it won't let me near it in order to cut its nails or treat him. I have no idea what is wrong with his eye.

Can anyone please help?:cry:

I'm sorry to be harsh but you haven't saved the bunny because you are unable to take him to the vet, this rabbit needs urgent medical help.

If you can't afford to keep him, I suggest you contact your local rabbit rescue today.

Biscuit is right. You obviously have good intentions, but this bunny needs more than love!
Please contact a rescue asap!!!

I'm sorry to be harsh but you haven't saved the bunny because you are unable to take him to the vet, this rabbit needs urgent medical help.

If you can't afford to keep him, I suggest you contact your local rabbit rescue today.

I'm sorry but I agree - PLEASE hand this bunny in to a rescue centre today as a matter of urgency - this bunny needs immediate pain relief and veterinary attention! :(

Back