• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amber and Alfie 'Speak' Exclusively to RU

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Hello :wave:

Our names are Amber and Alfie and we are bruvver and sis'
You can tell who is who cos I, Amber, have a bit of a mane. Shall I do the talkin' Alfie ?

Alfie- You usually do....................:rolleyes:

OK, well we have been asked to speak about what its like to be bought up 'in care'. You see we have never had a proper home. Our Mummy had us in May 2008 while she was in a place called a Rescue. We dont know why she was there, we think its because no-one loved her :cry: We loved her though, she was a great Mummy :love:

Alfie, am I doing OK so far?

Alfie - Yeh, not bad...............

Anyway our Mummy had 5 other babies aswell as us. One had very funny fur. Hoomans said he is a Rex. Not sure how that happened :?
When we were about 4 weeks old the Rescue got real busy with lots and lots of other unwanted Rabbits :cry: So our Mummy and us lot were moved to another place. Also called a Rescue......strange that :?
A hooman called Jane collected us all. But she didnt take us home :cry: She took us to the new Rescue lady Donna

Here is a pic of us as we arrived at the new Rescue

amberalfie1.jpg

amberalfie2.jpg

We all settled in well and began to get really excited about our next move to our Forever Homes. Our Mummy found a home and then so did our 5 bruvvers and sisters, even our bruvver with the funny fur :shock:
We got more and more excited about our turn to move to our Forever Home

We waited...........and waited............and waited........

Over a year later and we are still waiting :cry: We dont know why.We are friendly active bunnies, although we are not too keen on being picked up. We are OK once we are up, its just the getting there that is very scary for us.
We dont know if no-one likes us because we are frightened of being picked up,surely that's not so terrible :?

We are well looked after in the care of our Foster Mummy Gisela. But we do wonder why no-one wants to be our Forever Family. Sometimes we do get sad. Its hard for me and Alfie when hoomans come to look at us but dont choose us, maybe we are just not pretty enough :cry:

Our Foster Mummy took some more photos of us yesterday. I wonder if anyone reading this will look at our piccies and like us :?
Or maybe we can only continue to dream of the day when we have a home and a family of our own.............

AmberAlfie009.jpg

AmberAlfie005.jpg

AmberAlfie008.jpg

AmberAlfie007.jpg

Did I do alright Alfie ?

Alfie- You dun good sis'. Maybe there is someone out there who will like us :?

If you can offer these two wonderful little Bunnies a forever home please PM either me or BavarianBunny

Last edited:
Aww i really don't know why these 2 have not been offered a home, you guys are ace :love: I wish i could adopt you 2 but my place is a foster house as well :( I am sure someone is out there for you guys, Lionel sends some brotherly love to you, Amber he says you are cute like him :roll: he's not vain at all though :lol:

Awwwwww Amber & Alfie you both are beautiful sweethearts :love: I really, really hope your forever home comes along very soon, as you deserve to be spoilt & loved to bits :love:

I'm keeping everything crossed for you xx

Ya know! Im starting a new job on Monday and in time might need a boy bunny to keep my "bad girls" in check! First place I will call is these cos they are gorgeous!

If they need a sponsor let me know cos they deserve it after that spiel:lol::lol::lol:

Autographs anyone?? :D

These two are full of beans and so much fun to watch. Alfie does a very funny diagonal binky ballet, and Amber loves to squeeze into gaps and under the hutch. They are getting used to me, but they are shy with strangers, they are definitely not "lap bunnies". But they are friendly and never lunge or nip, they are litter trained clean bunnies, and their fur is quite short, so the moulting isn't too bad (compared to some of my own bunnies..:roll: ). They love all food and eat lots of hay. :)

Autographs anyone?? :D

These two are full of beans and so much fun to watch. Alfie does a very funny diagonal binky ballet, and Amber loves to squeeze into gaps and under the hutch. They are getting used to me, but they are shy with strangers, they are definitely not "lap bunnies". But they are friendly and never lunge or nip, they are litter trained clean bunnies, and their fur is quite short, so the moulting isn't too bad (compared to some of my own bunnies..:roll: ). They love all food and eat lots of hay. :)

How do you think they would cope being bonded to another male/female lionhead pair? x

Oh my goodness! This has had be in tears.

I have Leo and Lila who are Amber and Alfies brother and sister. It was very special to see them all as babies.

If Amber and Alfie are anything like their brother and sister they are very special buns. Please someone give these 2 a home. It breaks my heart that I dont have room for them.

they are beautiful. If I could I would, they are amazing!

Very well written - that last line was a killer

I shall have to put these guys details up in the vets to see if we can get some interest down here. They properly deserve somewhere fab with a fab shed or something and someone who can spend loads of time everyday handling them.........

I'm sure that there is just such a person somewhere for them but they just don't know it yet.....

Big bro Lucas the Cookie Man says hello :wave::wave::wave:

He says "I was teeny in those photos wasn't I mum?"

I shall have to put these guys details up in the vets to see if we can get some interest down here. They properly deserve somewhere fab with a fab shed or something and someone who can spend loads of time everyday handling them.........

I'm sure that there is just such a person somewhere for them but they just don't know it yet.....

Big bro Lucas the Cookie Man says hello :wave::wave::wave:

He says "I was teeny in those photos wasn't I mum?"

Iain come running over when I said there was pics of Leo and Lila as babies as well!! I'm sure we're all picking the same ones out and thinking yep, I know which that one is!

These two will be such a rewarding pair for whoever is lucky enough to adopt them and they are so charming to watch and if they're like their brothers and sisters, have such lovely little characters.

Iain come running over when I said there was pics of Leo and Lila as babies as well!! I'm sure we're all picking the same ones out and thinking yep, I know which that one is!

These two will be such a rewarding pair for whoever is lucky enough to adopt them and they are so charming to watch and if they're like their brothers and sisters, have such lovely little characters.

LOL *visualizes Iain running to see bunny pictures* LOL

How are your beautiful fosters doing? They've been serching for a home for a long time too haven't they?

All these poor buns :(

Back