• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting one or two brothers?

Araun

New Kit
Heya everybody.
Im getting a rabbit for the first time. I had planned just to get one rabbit, but now I have the option to get two litter brothers and I´ve been reeding a bit on the web and see that it is kind of recomended to have at least two rabbits.

How much more work is it to keep two vs. one ?
Is it really that much better?

I have a big housing for them so thats not a problem. What do you think I should do ? Just get the one or get them both, and if so, when is best to get them neutered ?

Best wishes
Araun

Definitely two and get them neutered as early as the vet will allow. Rabbits are social animals and don't thrive without others of their own species around them.

Yes!! Get 2 buns and neuter them asap. Bun will be much happier with a friend of his own kind.

The work for 2 is hardly any different to 1 - you've gotta clean the litter box out anyway, gotta wash the food/water bowls anyway so it doesn't make much difference at all.

Thank you for your quick response :)

Here are the two of them at 4 weeks. Now its just waiting time, we will get them in the end of May. They are very "human friendly" because they have been hand-feed a lot because of problems with their mother.

6b3e5493-8fa4-46a1-8bc4-6fbb8678b83e.jpg

1a933040-40a6-45ce-9fc6-cb4fb11483fb.jpg

Back