• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Questions about neutering.

Bandit has yet to get neutered, I have to find a time that works with my school and work, and the vet's hours. He does spray some, but overall is good with his litter box for peeing, at least in his cage. But he poops everywhere and I'm wondering if neutering will also stop that behavior. I know it's a marking thing, but he's always pooping and he never seems to make any effort to place it. He just goes. Is he going to have enough control over this when he becomes a fully fledged house bunny that I won't have to follow him around with a broom all day?

It should sort itself out when he's neutered. He's territorial marking at the moment. I'd put a few trays about the house when you let him be a fully fledged house bun just so he doesn't have to travel too far for the toilet.

Ok, good. I wasn't sure. There's always so much poop, I just kinda wondered if he'd be good about it. That rabbit always seems to produce more than I feed him. Same with water. It'll be lovely when he stops marking the bathroom I let him play in...and me.

Back