• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so does he like me?

hedcase05

New Kit
My male rabbit, Chandler, was purchased from a pet shop about two months ago now.
I wasn't sure how old he was when I bought him; he was pretty much full grown.
He's finally starting to warm up to me I think: he lets me pick him up and doesn't try to resist ( he used to kick and scratch a lot) and he lets me pet him a lot more.
But I have started noticing that he usually twitches his nose while I stroke his forehead. He seems relaxed to me, and he doesn't try to escape, but I read somewhere that when they twitch their noses it means that they aren't happy. Sometimes he clicks his teeth at me too, but I can't tell whether it's grinding or not. Would I definitely be able to tell if it was grinding instead of clicking?
Whenever I'm walking around the room, he'll run around my feet and look up at me too.
Also, whenever I try to get him to go back in his cage at night: he used to jump right in when I crinkled a treat bag. Now, he'll run up to his cage, look then run away and hide from me. I've never had a problem with this until now. Are there any suggestions?
Thanks!

:D You would definately see the difference between clicking his teeth and grinding. Grinding his teeth is a horrible thing to see you bun do.

The running round in circles thing is linked to his sexual maturity. When male rabbits try to get attention from female rabbits they circle them. He's showing you that he loves you. :) But be prepared he will prob soon start spraying you with his wee-marking what is his. :) I had my bun neutered when he started doing this....maybe something for you to think about.

The cage thing at night is prob cause he has worked out that he gets locked in and he wants to stay out with you...Rabbits are clever little so and so's. :D
He sounds like a normal male bunny to me, just reaching sexual maturity and before they are neutered. This will prob all calm down once you get him done. Good luck

Back