• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update gizmo is back home :)

yoshi&gizmo

Alpha Buck
I recently posted on here because Gizmo seemed to be drooling... i decided to keep an eye on him.... he was eatting and drinking fine [or so we thought] however today i took him to emergency vets as he has a weepy eye so i thought it must be his teeth. The vet is quite concerned because even though i know he is eatting he has lost half a kilo in weight:shock: He has spurs and they are going to trim him front teeth just to help keep them down. But the vet also gave him a shot of painkillers and he is going in tomorrow morning. She said he would have been in pain which makes me feel terrible. I am praying everything goes ok tomorrow. Please send vibes for my little gizmo he is very quiet tonight but he has ate some brocoli and two grapes and some oats so he has been spoilt. :love:

I wish i had trusted my gut instinct and took him to the vets sooner. :(:cry::cry::cry::cry:
UPDATE GIZMO BACK HOME

:love::love::love::love:

Just to update everyone gizmo got through his dental ok and is back home. He is on baytril, fibreplex and metacam for the next few days at least i also was given critical rabbit care incase he don't eat but i brought him home and offered him some of his favorite stuff apple brocoli and a small grape and he ate the lot!!!! :) He is now drinking and nibbling hay. i am so releived.

Thank you all for your well wishes. His mouth was worse than they first thought so in total cost £120.00 for everything but he is worth every penny. he hasn't got to go back unless he shows any signs for concern or if his eye doesn't settle now his teeth have been done

He is a good bunny. We have brought him indoors for the next few days to keep an eye but hopefully he will be fine now :love::love:

Last edited:
:cry:i am so scared i am going to loose him.... he has been through so much already and i just feel so gulity... i wish there was something i could have done sooner.

Also [not that it is a problem] but does anyone know how much a dental thing like this could cost me? i have already spent £150 + plus on gizmo in his 11mths of life :roll: and just wondered how much this is likely to be..... how i wish i had got him insured :roll: but hey he is worth evry last penny :love:

so so scared though.... why has he lost so much weight when i know he has been eatting.... i have a very bad feeling about this :cry:

no it was caroline bower. they fitted me in at 5pm. already owe £35.00 from todays appointment plus the painkillers... well i will pay whatever it takes to get him well :cry: hate it when they are ill as we all do on here :cry:

hope all goes well for your little thing, don't feel bad we all feel the same when something is wrong ...

Back