• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And, finally for today, some goats enjoying yesterday.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Conker.
Goat1-1.jpg

Waffle, Primrose, Pepper, Jack and Bluebell, with Charlie in front.
IMG_0138.jpg

Heidi.
IMG_0136.jpg

They're lovely :love: Do male and female goats both grow horns ? (if their breed grows horns)

Most goats have horns, it is less common for them to be born without horns, although they often get the buds burnt off when babies. It is because people see them as dangerous, but my goats are really good and only once have I been caught by one on the face and that was because I was careless.
There are genetic problems with non-horned goats and if you breed 2 they will produce young with fertility problems or that are hermaphrodites.

Theyre gorgeous :love: I love goats :love: Are they all rescues? :) xXx

Yes, they are all rescues, unfortunately people get them thinking they make good pets, which they do, if you research it first and legally you must be registered to keep goats.
They also need more than just a patch of grass, They need shelter, good quality food and need good fencing, but people get them and then can't keep them. There are also a lot of people who get them for milk and when they get old want rid of them.
The worst cases we took in were a group of 5, including, Waffle, Conker and Heidi, their owner was accused of sexually abusing them, but got off although he had been banned from keeping any animals for 10 years, 3 years previously. They were terrified when they arrived.:(

The worst cases we took in were a group of 5, including, Waffle, Conker and Heidi, their owner was accused of sexually abusing them, but got off although he had been banned from keeping any animals for 10 years, 3 years previously. They were terrified when they arrived.:(

Sexually abusing them? FFS....and I bet the freak thought his beastial behaviour was acceptable!! Scum!!

Sexually abusing them? FFS....and I bet the freak thought his beastial behaviour was acceptable!! Scum!!

He was banned for starving a flock of sheep to death and was found 2 years later on with a goat, in a compromising position, but he wasn't charged as there was no forensic evidence.:shock: He didn't even get fined as he claimed he didn't understand the ban, then a year later he was caught with the goats, some sheep a pony and some calves- 3 of the calves had to be PTS as they were so badly starved. He was sectioned, but the vet wouldn't stand up and say his animals were welfare cases so again no charges, as it happened in Scotland this time, his ban didn't apply as it was originally an English ban. We took the goats from a rescue in the south of scotland, to get them away, but I believe at one point he was trying to get them back. The last I heard he was planning to move to Ireland or France so he could continue to keep his 'friends'.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a rant, but i get so angry about it!

Last edited:
Back