• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

battered bun update.

Ronnie

Young Bun
I've received a few e-mails to ask how Becks is well I am pleased to say very well her and Fluffball (aka Bill) have bonded instantly like old friends even though both are female. she is able to hop on her bad leg now but unfortunately x rays showed some internal damage to the hip and she is still incontanent so is getting used to having a bath every 3 days and now actually likes it as does fluffball who now takes one in the drinker!LOL! I have about half an acre of garden and both are running free then penned at night so they are having a great time. She has taken to my oldest boy and they both chase each other round the garden which is nice. the only down side to her getting better is she now is some fun trying to catcher her in the evening to put he in the pen! if she gets any faster i'll need a stun gun!:lol::lol:

yea shes having good fun but is wary of humans she does not have much energy and will lie down after a short bit of hopping around!! Unfortunatly she got a bit of a hammering today when a shovel fell on her whilst I was doing some weeding in the garden so shes under the lawnmower now with a carrot feeling sorry for herself.

I read your previous thread but couldn't reply cos closed.

I would love to have kicked those kids around like a football! Bloody hooligans! :censored::censored::censored:

Thanks goodness she is with you now.

My bunnies come running when I shake the pellet bag and I can get them in. If you get used to giving her pellets at bed time, she will eventually come running. Sounds as if she has a great life. Did the vet think the incontinence is caused by the damage. Could she have a urine infection or EC?

yea im trying to get them used to getting fed when they are being put to bed so they will come to the sound of the pellets being shaken.

Yea the vet said she had a fair bit of internal damage. she said it may or may not rectify itself only time will tell! I just bath her every 3rd day to make sure she stays clean and does not get smelly.

Just bot my buns have not been well sinc I got them now both are on the mend I would love to know what I can give them to fatten them up as they are still really thin. they eat like horses but they are running about alot so its just being burnt off.

yea im trying to get them used to getting fed when they are being put to bed so they will come to the sound of the pellets being shaken.

Yea the vet said she had a fair bit of internal damage. she said it may or may not rectify itself only time will tell! I just bath her every 3rd day to make sure she stays clean and does not get smelly.

Just bot my buns have not been well sinc I got them now both are on the mend I would love to know what I can give them to fatten them up as they are still really thin. they eat like horses but they are running about alot so its just being burnt off.

What internal damage? Did the vet say? Is your vet rabbit savvy?

mainy he bladder was injured some internal bleeding. around her bum was also very badly lasserated and hip and slight spinal injuries but TBH bar the inconenance and hopping a bit lop sided she is making a great recovery.

no she only works with large animals cattle , horses etc. but is a good friend as we have a large farm and breed horses at home and she does all our work.

Last edited:
Glad she's doing OK. Try porridge oats for weight gain - tablespoon per bun mixed with two tablespoons boiling water and left to cool - obviously. Use just plain oats not Ready Break or the microwave stuff. I use Mornflake. My buns love it.

Back