• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where is the best place to buy a new hutch

silverfox

Warren Scout
I have 4 rabbits and 3 hutches, I want to buy another hutch but at the moment money is a problem. Where would be the best place to buy one and how reliable is it, if it's internet shops. I want one for my dwarf lop eared who at at year old is not very big.

Is this so they can all be bonded together?
What about a shed/playhouse or kennel?
If you want a hutch, you can get some impeccible quality hutches from 'Ryedale'
I have a HappyHutch and it was good value for money, but not the best quality available like a ryedale.

No I've just split a bonded pair today as Jessica was stressed and pulling fur from her feet. The other rabbit was also hurting her and pulling fur from her back and cutting her.

No I've just split a bonded pair today as Jessica was stressed and pulling fur from her feet. The other rabbit was also hurting her and pulling fur from her back and cutting her.

Aww bless her :(
Rydale do some really nice 6ft (also if you want to add/take away a feature, they'll do it :)

I have a Ryedale 6ft double whopper with attached 6 x 5 run. Its great quality but they arent cheap.

Dawsons Animal Housing are also good. Decent priced too.

I was quoted

£100 for a 6x2x2
£200 for a double 6x2x2
£300 for a triple 6x2x2

Very good prices and good quality :D

I got a 6 ft x 2 x2 from the RSPCA for £95 and it's good quality (5 foot ones same quality lasted 6 years, albeit covered with a hutch hugger).

How would you go about it if you wanted to make one. Are there any instructions anywhere as I want either a 7ft or 8ft hutch. I cant seem to find any this size or if I do they are all over the top on prices.

Shed and timber yards.

Try your local shed shop or a local joiner. I got some free quotes from some local timber yards that build sheds etc. I imagine you might get a good deal just now as i know some are desperate for work. Its worth a try for a quote. One shed place said they could design me a half shed type hutch! Was pretty big and around £2oo with different compartments in it. Not what i wanted though as it had to fit in under my kitchen window. If its simple its cheaper! My design wasnt so i built it myself.

Back