• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
We got a new bunny at the weekend and so far she has been really good with litter training and doesnt wee or poo outside her tray. We have started letting her out of her area for a run around our bedroom and she loves to jump on the bed and climb all over me.

Problem is while clambering all over the bed she leaves lots of little poos (which i assume is her marking her territory) and last night she wee'ed on the bed.

I have been picking the poos up and putting them in her litter tray but is there anything I can do about her weeing? We would have extended her area slowly but the only option is enclosure closed or enclosure open with access to the whole room.

I had this problem with Dylan, he used to pee on the carpet and the sofa. I bought him a litter tray to put in the living room because it was quite a large room, every time he peed i picked him up and put him in it. It took a while but he eventually started to use the tray instead of the floor. I used to give him one of his favorite treats every time he used the tray (sometimes he used to trick me and pretend to pee so he could have a treat, hehe). I have very recently moved we are now going through this all over again, he is getting there though. Someone else with more experience will probably give you much better advice, but that is what worked for me. :D
Good luck.

When my Buster used to wee i used to get some newspapaper and soak up the wee and then put the newspaper with the wee on into this litter tray and put him in the litter tray and that done the trick :) it might be worth a try

I will try picking her up and putting her in her tray if she does it again. She is really good at using her tray if she is in her enclosure, its just when we let her out she feels the need to wee and poo on my bed- which is never pleasant!

Back