• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Costs of neutering / spaying in northern ireland?

cimada

Young Bun
Hi I was just wondering how much it would be to get my dwarf lop rabbit neutered or spayed in NI.

Much Appreciated!
Glad I found this forum, Im new to all this. :D

no idea as you need to ask your individula vets more important than the costs is getting a good rabbit savvy vet ask a local rescue to reccomend someone. bun should be eating right up until op not starved too unlike other animals.

in uk generally a female spay is between 50-130 pounds and a male castration is 30-70 pounds xx

Thanks! Its good to have an estimate. Getting a rabbit this weekend! I just need to know how much money ill be out. I need to get everything new. but i think they dont get neutered until like 6 months. Are they a bit crazy until they get neutered?:)

Hi Cimada,

I'm in Belfast and paid £59 to get my female rabbit spayed. That price included the op itself, a gut stimulant, long-lasting pain relief, wound check 2 days after and the removal of stitches. The price can vary between different areas and vets so you'll have to check with specific vet clinics.

Another thing to be aware of is to find a rabbit savvy vet - where are you in N.I.?? If you are in belfast I would recommend my vet clinic (Gortlands Vet Clinic, Gilnahirk Road) in East Belfast. The op went very well and she was back to herself in about a week which i was very surprised at!!

i paid £55 for mine, they where done in ballyclare, clare vet clinic and they did a wonderful job. i would phone your local vet and ask them.

Hi. I live in Derby and paid £58.00 for my handsome boy bunny to be neutered. He was in great hans though and it all happened without any problems.

My boy is costing £44.50 to be neautered. I will be having my female done there too once she is old enough but not sure how much this costs yet.

Louis cost me 50.55 (or something along those lines) at Glenburn Vets. They have a few scattered around. We took him to the Lambeg one, and they transported him to the Crumlin Road site.

I did get a qoute from another vet and they said it would be £20.

haha i was booked in to get my 'boy' neutered for 60 something stg. but she had a litter of bunnies today so i will have to rethink that, and i would like to keep one as well.. . . .this will cost!

does anyone know a good rabbit savvy vet im in newtownards NI -my one in bangor ok but past few times not that great

Back