• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Surprise...! I'm a Girl

lauraocal

Warren Scout
Well today I went to the vets for a bunny mot and mixi jab.
Turns out my little baby boy is really a girl!

I have had huge problems getting my spayed lionhead and baby girl bonded.. and now I know why.
Will they be as happy together as a male/female pair?

I have to say though, after looking myself i honestly thought it was a boy too!

:oops::oops:

I am absolutely dreading getting her spayed.
I went through a week of pure hell and heartache with my other bunny.

I'm very tempted not to get her done to be honest, but as well as the benefits to her health wise, If she lives just one week older as a result of the operation, then I think it'll be worth it!

I keep two girls together and they are fine together but they don't seem to love each other like a boy and girl might. If you want to try it though you have to get her neutered. Girls who are fertile will almost definately fight.

if both of the girls are speyed they can be bonded as long as you do it in neutral territory it is often a more difficult bond to form but i have had female bondings that have lasted and i promise you the spey is worth it as so many bunnys die of uterine cancer or mammery cancer its unreal almost this way buns have the best chance of a happy life. if you wanted ideally to have a male female pair instead@(which again if both neutered is often the best combination) you could try adding a third bunny and bonding or getting each bunny an opposite sex partner? x

Oh I would absolutely love to get another two.
But I don't imagin it would be very easy to have a foursome all bonded. My two girls are house bunnies.
I have already bonded the two females, in a fashion, and I will get her spayed too.
It's the one who is spayed doing all the bullying though, the younger one does chin everything she passes including the cabbage the other one is eating! So maybe thats why?

They groom each other so I think they are kind of friends now, just hope they stay that way.

Back