• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rose till nervous tips needed

blackrose

New Kit
hello all rose is 15 weeks old now but is still nervous of me i have been trying everything sitting down with her, feeding her faverite food, i cant pick her up at all she goes mad i can only smoth her head when she eating her greens has anyone got any tips thanks emma

it takes lots and lots of time she might settle with a freind have you thought of getting her neutered and bonding her ? or has she got one

Just be patient with her. It's taken Smudge 18 weeks to be as friendly as he is wtih me. He still doesn't like being picked up, so I have to sort of scoop him up. :lol: Just sit out there with her and let her come to you. Maybe play with a brush on the floor etc and she'll get nosey and come see what you are doing. Then you can lay a treat trail to you etc. But don't pick her up let her walk over you until she is more confident.

Yes, I think patience is the key. Some buns just aren't keen on being picked up unfortunately so you may have to accept that she'll never like that.
I find this is a common concern for rabbit owners, so have a page about it on my site. If you click the link in my sig and click fg factor and then interaction it goes into a lot more depth and there's various tips there. :)

Back