• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More advice Please

Nic Nou 26

Warren Scout
Hello, sorry to bother you all again.

I am trying to litter train my buns, because at present they are pretty much pooing everywhere!!! - Its not a problem as I just sweep the entire run daily. (They had not going(to the toilet) in the hutch)

I always assumed the enclosed part of the hutch was a bunnies toilet and reading other posts that appears to be the case. I have just changed the bedding in there - i have lined it with newspaper, put a litter tray in (lined with newspaper) and filled with hay - I have filled round the sides with hay as the litter tray is smaller than the hutch.

I read on a previous thread, to put some of there droppings etc so they realise its a toilet. Which i have done

I have only changed this area once as they have only used it for the first time between today and yesterday.

The female has gone in there and has pulled the majority of the hay out and is moving the litter tray round.

Is this normal? Is she saying she wants more hay??

They have a hutch/run combi and there is a big tray of hay in the run?

Any advice would be great as i want to keep her happy!!

Many thanks xx

Mine are all litter tranied in that they will pee in their trays and poop all over their runs or the house :lol: Their droppings are so easily swept up it doesnt bother me as long as they pee in their trays :)

None of my litter trays are in the bedroom area, they are in the open parts of the hutch. And I placed the trays where they went to the toilet in the hutches :)

They also have trays in their runs which they pee in :)

Mine pull their hay all over the place as they eat it :) They should have unlimited hay :) I only put a tiny bit of hay in the litter trays and they just take it out. I put my hay in boxes, hay racks, paper bags or stuffed inside tube toys and toilet roll insides :)

I would say your buns probably happy pooping in a tray or on the floor :lol: x

Back