• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dont want Lotte to have babies.

MellyRabiit

Alpha Buck
Alfie (who is 6 months old) was Neutered 5 weeks and 2 days ago now.

I have a 15 week old bun (lotte) which I would like to bond with him, but she is unneutered.

Is it ok to bond them? assuming there is no chance she can get pregnant.

Do you think it is a good idea now, before Lotte gets her hormones, she will be getting speyed.

Im a bit worried, when she goes off to be speyed, they migth fight when she gets back.

Last edited:
i belive he can still get her pregnant at the moment i think it would be ebst to wait after she is spayed until you bond them

you can try it but if it does work out then make sure when she goes in for spey that they both go in together else you will likely have to re bond from the start also make sure its been at least 8weeks wince his neuter else she could get pregnant i believe. if they dont bond now wait till she speyed give it a month to allow hormones to settle then go from there.good luck x

Ah ok, 8 weeks thanks.

The only reason I want to bond them now is because the absolutely adore each other. Lay next to each other with the run betwen them. Rub noses, lick each other. (They havent actually been together, just through the run).

And she cant be speyed for another 2 n half months (when she will be 6 months old)

I'm getting my does spayed tommorow, they are 4 months old and the vets are happy to do it. Also I had my buck spayed last week and the vet told me that after 4 weeks he would be unable to make the girls pregnant. I would speak to your vet as there seems to be a lot of conflicting information.

A lot of vets go more on size of female buns rather than age. Most will spay a bunny that's 1kg plus ... so worth asking. Probably best to get her spayed, let her recover for 10-14 days and then bond them. Good luck - and make sure you post pics!! x

Back