• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to put in a pen when bonding etc

Rose

Mama Doe
I think be nice to have a thread that gives people ideas of what they could put in a pen, cage etc when they are bonding their rabbits. Photos of peoples bonding set ups too. :D

Hay for munching is a must (and water). Depends on what method of bonding you're using. Some say not to have litter trays in as they can become territorial over them. Also you want the rabbits to interact so nothing where they can hide from each other, contradicting that in these pics though.

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

Here was our set up when we bonded our 5. Hoover and towel for breaking up any scuffles. Lots of foody bits. Ours are small enough that they can get through the holes in that wooden thing. :lol:

Hello:wave:

These threads are brilliant about Bonding.

As I am new to all of this. I assumed that Bonding sessions would be in a bare room, so that the rabbits could get all their agression out and then settle down.

I hadn't thought about making a calm environment, with food, boxes, (towels and hoovers) and music!:p

MAkes sense - doesn't it?

No need to make the room a terrible place -keep it calm.

Brilliant - will try your method when the time comes.

If (and I have no doubt that they will fight). How many fights, or how serious does it have to get before you call it a day. How many days would you attempt it before giving up?

Sorry for all the questions - AGAIN!

I don't put anything in there either except hay, when inside, water and food at dinner time. I use a smaller space too - this was Remus and Honey bonding.....

CIMG9733.jpg

CIMG9734.jpg

CIMG9738.jpg

I agree with Chloe :) Small space with just hay and water. If I'm doing it in the house I put old towels down to protect the floor and mask any other bunny smells!

I use a 140 cm indoor tray. On the bottom I put newspaper. I often use a litter tray of hay which I remove if anyone is dominating it. I have a bottle and every few hours offer a bowl of water. After a few hours I often throw in a few toys.

I dont use feeding bowls ...

:wave:when we bonded our last two and put them in a pen, we gave them a littertray , a wooden tunnel and food and water thats it.
hazel lives in her littertray:lol: and butties loves his tunnel:lol:
so they both had a fav thing in there...although hazel didnt like buttie kicking her out of the littertray when he needed a wee:roll: but they came to an understanding very quickly:lol:

Back