• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

training???

little_blue_bug

Warren Scout
like most buns dil doesnt really like to be picked up, but once he is up and settled and being cuddled or groomed he seems perfectly happy. im just wondering is there any way i can train him or encourage him to come to me to be picked up when its bed time or i need to move him or anything. sometimes we can stroke him untill he is very calm and then scoop him up before he realises whats happening, but as soon as he gets a whiff of whats going on he is behind the sofa of doing laps of the living room. i really dont like to chase him as its so stressfull but iv been late for work twice already because i just cant catch him. is there anything i can do to teach him when its bedtime what he has to do???

Let him out when hes hungry :D Rattle them pellets when you need to go to work & feed him only in his cage, He'll associate going back to eating yummy things then! :D

Most my rabbits started that way what I did was find their fav. treat and give it to them after your done handling them then they will look forward to being handled:D

bribery works every time! :lol: a few delicious pellets and herbs in the cage with tempt the most adament of buns! :lol:

Back