• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit - can anyone tell me what he is?

Dexter

New Kit
I am a new proud owner of this cutie. The petstore claimed he/she was about 6 weeks old. They didn't give me a whole lot of information about him - but I needed to get him out of there. Would love some information about the breed.
I have named him Dexter - and it seems to suit him. He is spoiled already - and has only been in my home for 4 days.

Thanks in advance everyone.

IMG_6074-1.jpg
IMG_6107.jpg
IMG_6106.jpg

He looks like a real real mix :D The black & white fuzzy markings are called Magpie, he has shading on his nose/ear tip from something like a seal point, he's a lop of some sort either Holland or Mini.

Tam

I'd agree with Tamsin.....his markings are Magpie Harlequin but its hard to tell if he's a Dwarf (Holland) Lop or a Mini-Lop.....that will depend on his adult weight really.

Hiya, he is sooo cute.

Not being picky but looks like your feeding lettuce which really isn't good for bunnies even though people refer to lettuce as rabbit food.

Also greens and veg need to be introduced slowly when they are so young, he will only be 8 weeks old now so would only really be introduced to grass at the moment. I hope this doesn't come across as picky, I've just learnt so much myself and made mistakes that I thought I'd mention it so you and your bun benefit.

He is so adorable :love:

Lettuce of the darker, leafier variety is OK....I feed mine Floreffe most days. Iceberg needs to be avoided like the plague though.

Lettuce of the darker, leafier variety is OK....I feed mine Floreffe most days. Iceberg needs to be avoided like the plague though.

i often feed mine soft leafy green lettuce, just never ever iceberg too :D

What a gorgeous bunny! :love: Definitely a lop-eared breed of some sort (stating the obvious there!) and his colouring shows he's a mix of lots of different breeds! :D

AMETHYST

Back