• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice sought on new friend

Hi All,

Well I've had Tika for over a week now and she is great! She had her Jabs today and she will be neutered in a couple of months (my vet prefers to do them from 6 months onwards.)

Anyway, while at the rescue she was housed with a young buck and I think she is missing him. She is ok most of the time but looks unhappy and we give her attention but I do feel one of her own kind would be best for Tika sooner rather than later. I have a rabbit proofed garden that she and her boyfriend can run around and I have a 5x2 hutch for them.

So would it be ok to get a youngish neutered male for her now, even though she hasn't been spayed?

Also her wee absolutely stinks! I read that she is marking her terrority would that be right?

Thanks!

Louise
xxx

Did she have both vaccinations today?

It would be better to wait until she has been neutered, her hormones will kick in before 6 months and she could drive her partner mad wih her attempts to mount him and phantom pregnancies.

This can lead to fights which can ruin a bond beyond repair.

Thanks! No she had 1 Myx vaccination today and another in a couple of weeks for the Viral. :)

This is what i thought with the hormones, she is already a little madam, took chunks out of my finger and is quite hormonal already. I just feel for her being on her own! Still she'll have a friend soon enough! :)

Thanks again!

Louise
xxx

Back