• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Obsession with rubber

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
Charlie likes rubber and will chew any rubber related things if left lying around (the last being my brush handle).

Is this ok or not? I know its not if he eats it but is this ok as a rare thing?

Hello fellow Norfolk Bunnykeeper! I have heard of strange chaps that like rubber!
But like you said, don't let him eat it.
I am sure it isn't rare, bunnies will chew anything chewable given half a chance. :roll:

Lots of buns like rubber for some reason (there've been a few threads about this). Deej managed to chew a few remote buttons, and tried to chew a bike tyre and various shoes among other things. :roll: You just have to get into the habit of remembering to keep things like shoes out of their way!

Mallow loves rubber & soft plastic. He is especially keen on electric cables - the soft outside casing is easy to strip back to the hard inner core :roll:. I have to keep everything out of his way. He loves biting off the remote control buttons as well. Oh & my fleece top has had the zip puller bitten off. I'm sure there are a few other things he's nibbled that I haven't found yet.

Back