• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

1st MEETING-WHAT DO YOU THINK?

sarahangel

New Kit
We've had our original neutered boy for a couple of years (he's 31/2) with a girl friend that sadly died about 3 months ago. We have tried to introduce him to a new girlfriend today (5 months) and I just want to check if it went well! We've had Lily for a week and she and Woody (our boy) have been talking through the bars a lot. The first day she bit his nose, but since then she tries to be near him which ever side of the cage he is and he sits near her too.

We put them together in a new run we built today and all started well they ignored each other and ate grass for a minute or two then Woody started chasing her. She seemed a bit scared and ran to her cage. There was more chasing and a few clumps of her fur on the grass. after about 10 minutes we closed her in her crate as she seemed quite frightened. I know the chasing is normal, but the fur worried me. How do you know if its friendly chasing or not? He may have been trying to nip her bottom or just catch her to mount, I'm not sure. What do you think?

Back