• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First full night free range

uniqueanneek

Alpha Buck
I'm so proud of my little Rocky! :love: He had his first full night free range last night and he was soooo good! It only took 3 months and a few trial runs! :lol:

I didn't want to rush it and spoil the good progress he made with his litter training, but we thought he was ready, and he was! Not a single poop or pee outside his litter tray! :D

We made a bargain before we went to bed - no pooping, no chewing and its permanent!

So I went in this morning and found him flopped out and soundo on the spare bed. Bless. He didn't even hear me come in! :love:

CIMG0849.jpg

Awwww bless, that would be fab to have a free range bunny if you could guarantee no destruction! Well done you good boy :wave:

Awwww bless, that would be fab to have a free range bunny if you could guarantee no destruction! Well done you good boy :wave:

lol believe me its taken months of patience and damage limitation!

I have one of those hamster wire pens that you can put into one long fence under the bed so he can't get under there to the boxes, and given him PLENTY of chew toys and distractions, and boxes with hay.

I had left him for much shorter periods of time first so that if he was likely to get anywhere or take a fancy to something, I could spot it sooner and do something about it, rather than give him all night to cause mass chaos and destruction!

But i'm pleased, I hated him being confined to his cage at night when he gets run of the house all day.

oh Rocky, you good little bun!

i can't wait until i'm at this stage.

how old is he?

Nearly 6 months. I got him at 13 weeks. He was neutered just over 4 weeks ago. I don't think I would have tried before hand, incase he decided to get territorial on the bed ;)

I did confine him to just two rooms over night though. I don't think i would let him into the living room! Just too much temptation!!

Nearly 6 months. I got him at 13 weeks. He was neutered just over 4 weeks ago. I don't think I would have tried before hand, incase he decided to get territorial on the bed ;)

I did confine him to just two rooms over night though. I don't think i would let him into the living room! Just too much temptation!!

aww, bless him, i bet he feels really grown up!

once my little one has been neutered and settled i'll be trying him free range. i can't trust him on the sofas or bed, he just goes piddle if i'm not watching him!

yay for rocky!

Back