• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutches

sunshine123

Young Bun
:wave:Hi everyone, I'm new to all this 'bunny business', and looking for advise please. I am planning on adopting two rabbits and have been looking at Massive Rabbit Hutch Run Combo 6ftx2ftx2ft hutch+6x4run on ebay by Happy Hutch, looking back the posts this seems to get quite good reviews, I also plan to get one of the fold-up playpen type runs.
I thought with the hutch/run combo the rabbits can go out as they please througout the day whilst I'm working and then get time in the 'pen' when I'm there to watch them.

Maybe I'm abit stupid:oops: but where is the best place to place the hutch, I can have it on my grass but a bit worried about rabbits trying to burrow out whilst I'm at work, someone mentioned about putting chicken wire down on grass but won't this hurt their feet and I also read that wet grass is bad for rabbits
or I can have the hutch/run on my patio, as they will also get 'grass time' when they are in the 'pen'.
Any advise would be appriciated, Thanks
:)

Hi
I have the same hutch and run combo, and I highly reccomend it to you
I think it is better on the patio, which is where mine is also, if on the grass it would eventually ruin it. The patio will also help to keep their nails shorter.

Good Luck

Thanks Maisydaisystar, that was quick:D
Do the hutches need to be treated beforehand and if so what do you use, do you get pet friendly stain/varnish.
Thanks again

Hi

I have this hutch, although i asked for the run to be made 2ft high as opposed to their standar 18 inches. Those extra 6 inches does make a difference. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RABBIT-HUTCH-...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

£150 per hutch.

Im not sure the standard height for happy hutches, but you should ask.

My rabbits are on paving slabs and have 24 hr access to their run. This way they cant dig out and nothing can dig in.

The hutch i have is already treated with rabbit safe wood treatment.
Its really good quality.

Gives you an idea of the height of the run:

STA72885.jpg

Good for periscoping

and from a distance

STA72850.jpg

Last edited:
Agree that hutch and run combo is best on patio. We've recently had ours from Ryedale hutches and it's fab. We put the buns on the grass in a portable run (also have extra end panel for the run under their hutch). This works well for all :D
P3280399.jpg

Back