• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Questions about bunny's diet,its playtime and how to hold it

Blackie

New Kit
Hello, im new here.
I bought my lady bunny 2 days before. She's a lionhead(if i say that correctly), and she's 3 months old to 4.
From the pet shop they told me that i should give her to eat her pellets for at least the first week and after that i can change her diet and give her some vegetables or fruit. I gave her today little apple andshe took a little bite and after that my brother gave her some lettuce(ive read that its not good for bunnies, but ive seen that many people give their bunnies lettuce!), and she ate real fast and seemed to liked it! But they told me that if i changed her diet so soon she would have diarrhea or smthng... what should i do with her diet for now?

and the second thing.
i take her out from time to time, for example i took her out of her cage today, to clean her up from the hay(her fur is always full of hay hehe), i love doing that(not with water just take it out with my hands). So , i had her out for some time. But when i put her back to her cage i noticed that she was always getting up(with her legs up near the cage), or she was having her little nose near the cage and smelling.. like she wanted to get out or smthng, she isnt usually getting up so often(or standing up). Did that happen cause i let her out for much time?

and a last thing. How do u hold your bunny? when she's on my arms or on my legs she's sitting quietly smelling me and stuff. but i dont know how to get her out of her cage or put her back, she scratched me the last time cause i probably didnt hold her right. You have to lift them up like u do with a kitten? like from behind her neck? im afraid i might hurt her that way cause her fury is soft and rich. I often put my hands under her legs to hold her from underneath so that she wont use her nails or anything.. and sometimes she doesnt when i do that.. but i would really use your advice on that.

Thank you!

Back