• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit wee!!!

lucy pepsi

Warren Scout
Sorry guys! Newbie asking stupid questions!!!!

I rescued Pepsi on Sunday and he is doing really well. All the bites etc are looking really good - i have kept them as clean as poss without stressing him out too much. He is eating everything in sight and drinking fine.

I have just put him in a run on the patio for a bit as the grass is really wet and muddy and he has just done a huge wee but it seems very cloudy. (at least i think Pepsi wee'd - the puppy has eaten sand and keeps puking:roll:)

I have had rabbits all my life but have never paid attention to these things before and there is always something like grass or straw to soak up the wee! Is rabbit wee usually so cloudy?!
:roll:
Sorry for the hysterical paranoid newbie!

bunnys absorb all the calcium from their food and excrete what they don't need in their urine. A little trace of cloudiness is normal but if it is starting to get sludgy (i.e. more like wallpaper paste) then you should be a bit worried. Food that may cause very sludgy wee are:

Alfafa (in most pellets....also called legumes)
cabbage (although spring greens aren't too bad)
Parsley

Brocoli, spinach can be given a bit.

Don't Worry

k Its Nothing To Worry About, their Wee Comes In Different colors, When Charlie Bun Was Ill And Couldn't Get Over To His Litter Tray, He Weed On Close By Towels And His Wee Was Red!!! I Totally Freaked anyway its Nothing To Worry about x :wave:

Back