• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Hey

I am planning on bonding my two again in the front room. they have both been in here, both together and seperate. I will be white vinegaring the floor and they will be in a pen, is there anything more i can do to make sure this goes successful?

Hopefully, I will be starting it on a friday evening, and spending all weekend with them, i will be sleeping downstairs too x

Dont give them a litter tray or any familiar toys. Put food on the floor, scattered about not in a bowl.

You may want to take them for a drive in the carrier before hand, if they will sit in a carrier together without fighting.

im not sure that they will sit that close together...

will it matter if theyve been in the room before? aslong as I clean etc...

Im so nervous, i just want to be sure...

xxx

should i not give them a new litter tray at all then?

Can i give them loo roll innards and wood to chew on?

Im new to this as ive not done it myself before :?

should i not give them a new litter tray at all then?

Can i give them loo roll innards and wood to chew on?

Im new to this as ive not done it myself before :?

No no litter tray,put veg and pellets and scatter it if ur going to put in somrthing 2 chew on put 2 in,dont forget the spray bottle and broom too split up any fights just incase,rick

I used a litter tray, it was a big mistake to start with becasue Amber jumped straight into it and guarded it as her own.:roll::lol:
She used it as her territory.
Sooz made me realise when she was talking about her bonding last week.
So best to ask her, im no use am I sorry.
xxx

They dont tend to see newspaper as a possesable object like the litter tray, maybe because its not 'three dimensional' in a sense.

I would change it regularly though so not too much scent from one rabbit builds up in a single area.

Im doing this tomorrow nite, we dettol's the floor a day ago, and we are cleaning it again tonite...

Am I ok to put new chew toys in? They won't smell of either rabbit as they're new... and also, am i ok to put a hay rack or two in?

they will be the ones they have in thier crates...

xxx

Back