• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Surely no-one would keep a Bun in This ???????

Oh my.
It's like a very dinky doll house.
:shock:
Surely nothing would fit comfortably in there... maybe a small hamster? Or a mouse?

we have ones 2 thirds of that size in local pet shop. my hamster cage is bigger! horrid thing is, its like £25, and the one they have that is a good size is over £150, so 90% of ppl hu buy a bunny from there get the small cage cus they only have 2 types :(:(

when alvin was to be bonded with jubilee i saw the tiny 2ft hutch shed lived in for her life :cry::cry::cry: that still haunts me, so yup id say people put money ahead of pets all the time :shock:

'Funky Hutch' ?!?!? :?:evil::evil::censored: I think they got one of the letters wrong to describe THAT thing!!!:roll::evil:

I was on another forum the other day and the breeders (american) had rabbits couped up like battery chickens and argued that the cages were fine so long as it was 4 times the size of the rabbit and the rabbits all got out for 10 mins.....a week! I was called naive, stupid and unknowlegdable for saying otherwise and other breeders told her to 'not listen to her, I've had problems with her before, she doesn't know what shes talking about':shock::shock::shock:

So yes, I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to house a rabbit in that because people are ignorant!:cry:

If you scroll down to the bottom of the e bay page there is a lovely matching "run" to go with your spacious hutch :roll:

And the saddest thing is they thought that this was amazing and that they loved their rabbits, all of them were just kids who bred countless rabbits for that stupid 4H system the US runs!:cry::cry: A lot of them give away rabbits for meat too!:shock:

Silly me for thinking rabbits need a bigger cage than a wire box!:cry:

And the saddest thing is they thought that this was amazing and that they loved their rabbits, all of them were just kids who bred countless rabbits for that stupid 4H system the US runs!:cry::cry: A lot of them give away rabbits for meat too!:shock:

Silly me for thinking rabbits need a bigger cage than a wire box!:cry:

awwww hun, banging your head against a brickwall tryin to convince them otherwise too id guess.....:cry::cry::cry:

Of course, they have raised rabbits for X years so of course that automatically makes them more knowledgable than me!:roll:

Of course, they have raised rabbits for X years so of course that automatically makes them more knowledgable than me!:roll:

Hmmmmm now where have I heard that before :rolleyes:

'We have been keeping Rabbits like this for 25 years so we *must* be right'

'If Rabbits are kept in a big hutch they get stressed'

'If you keep Dwarf Rabbits in a big hutch they grow too big to Show'

:roll:

Janex

Hmmmmm now where have I heard that before :rolleyes:

'We have been keeping Rabbits like this for 25 years so we *must* be right'

'If Rabbits are kept in a big hutch they get stressed'

'If you keep Dwarf Rabbits in a big hutch they grow too big to Show'

:roll:

Janex

Have you ever said anything about Jane?, oh yes, silly me!!:shock::shock:

That sounds familiar, they all think they know better because they keep breeding and breeding and breeding and keep them in small boxes and never take them to a vet!!

Oh yeah, because there are never any exotic vets nearby so if your rabbit is ill just contact your nearest breeder and they can wave their magic wand and make your bun better.:roll:

Well fortunately no-one bid on it, I'm tempted to contact the seller with some links to the RWA/RSPCA recommended hutch sizes. Wouldn't it be nice if with the new Act it became illegal to define anything smaller than the guideline size as a rabbit hutch.

That one is especially 'good' as it also has easy to open catches so your child can feed the pets easily. Just think of the joy on your childs face when it comes out to feed the pets in the morning and discovered that the fox got there first...

Actually - looking at their website it sounds to me as if it's someone a bit naive and on an enthusiastic venture so they might possibly respond reasonably positively to a bit of gentle 'guidance'. Can anyone find an email address, there is only a postal address on their website? I'll happily cobble something together to send them...

Last edited:
Can't find an e-mail addy on the website, but presumably if you've got an e-bay account you can contact him via the auction site.

Back