• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny haircut

xxKarinaxx

Mama Doe
Please help, my bunny needs a hair cut badly. The poor little thing is having trouble seeing now under his mass of fur.

Should I cut it myself or try and take him to a grooming parlour?

21042007087.jpg

The pic was taken after their run in the garden so before i let them back inside I took a few pics while they were eating in the shed.

As long as the bunny is calm it shouldn't be too tricky to cut it yourself.
We once cut the fur on a longhaired lionhead nethie once...ended up giving her a mullet:lol: which was cut of the next day by the other class because they didn't like it:roll:
I've also had to cut guinea pigs several times as they kept getting filthy back...you know where:roll: Tried cutting my longhaired hamster sometimes too...now THAT is hard:lol: I just end up cutting of the worst parts on her back and then let her go before I cut of her tail or something.:roll:

I did give him a really bad haircut once, not his fault though. He's a good bunny and happily sits on my knee when cutting hair and grooming.

I just always make a rubbish job of it, so much so he looked like i'd attacked him with garden shears.:lol:

I think he's a long haired lionhead but i cant be sure, in the pic I'd cut some of his long whispy bits of his maine as it was really long and in his eyes.

He's gone from this

DSCN0414.jpg

To this

Photo-0026.jpg

Photo-0051.jpg

And now his fur is out of control :rabbit2:

I also trim my three's hair on their face.. particularly the bit down between their eyes that hangs over their eyes. I sit them on my lap.. use my fingers to hold the fur and protect their head/eyes etc and chop away :D Here's Simba's usual haircut
Before
Simba27.jpg

After
Simba28.jpg

My Nibbles needs a hair cut. It's fun cutting her hair. Last time I did it, it was to get her looking all pretty for Bobby haha

Ooh - your bunny is so like our Herbie :love: :love:

We give Herbie regular trims around his eyes so he can see where he is going!

I bought some curved (vet) scissors from www.petvetcare.co.uk to use, it feels a lot safer trimming his fur with these.

Underneath all that fur is a tiny bunny - poor Herb had all the fur shaved off his face due to a skin problem. He looked like a sea horse/sheep. He is now back to his fluffy self!

Back