• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you put under your gates so buns don't get out?

Wuzzy

Warren Scout
I'm looking for ideas for something to put on the bottom of my yard (Cyclon) gates so Ninks doesn't get out. I'd like it to be pleasing to look at. I have lowered them but he can get out like that.

errrhhh dunno really except for a strip of thick ply board and paint some kind of grassy scene on it:lol: :lol:

I use one of those wooden bendy tunnels flattened out. Not very attractive but I just shove it under the bottom bar of the gate when they're playing.

I put a length of 4" inch square fence post along the bottom of my gate. It works well, and it easy to move when I need to open the gate!:D

I've got an 8" wide piece of ply wedged there with a brick. I thought they couldn't get under the gate until I was sat in the front office one day in the summer an watched 2 b/w dutch babies running up and down the pavement outside.:eek:

Luckily it is a cul-de-sac but there is only houses one side. The other side is woodland (with foxes):shock: . A few neighbours helped and we "herded" them back.

I don't care how bad that bit of ply looks or how difficult it makes opening the gate.

But if anyone comes up with a stylish and functional answer I want to be the first to know.

Back