• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adding a third rabbit?

Sandra

Warren Scout
I am wondering how it is to have three rabbits together? We have a neutered male (9 months) and a spayed female (7,5 months) and we were thinking about getting a third:) But how would that work? Should we get a neutered boy or a spayed female? Young bunny or a an older one? Thanks!:D

Personally if you are to add another rabbit to your male / female pair, I would add a neutered female of any age.

Is it advicable to have three bunnies together? Or will it risk splitting up Roger and Waffles?

I added an 8-week old female to my bonded pair, who were only a bit older than yours and had been together for almost a year. It took a while until they fully accepted the new girl, but now they are all best friends. I even added a 4th female now, and that seems to be more difficult.
Make sure you introduce them on totally neutral territory. I assume your bunnies live indoors, do you have a room where none of them has ever been? And while you are bonding them on neutral territory, you have to clean the rest of the house, so that their smell is gone. Otherwise they might start to defend it as their territory and you'll get a fight.
I have 3 adorable female foster bunnies right now. I would gladly volunteer to do a bunny run to Reykjavik. I loooooove Iceland. :lol: I could visit my friend in Kopavogur at the same time. :D Ok, might be easier for you to find a bunny in Iceland. :lol:

Back