• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG cant take it no more

xXPanicXx

New Kit
my rabbits, i have been trying o potty traine or so long. they learned inside of their cage,cuz we have 2 cages connected. 1n side, capet and toys and bed, other food bowl shavings and ltter box. they use it t, and dont pee on the carpet. but when their outside of it, they act like they cant even see it in the corner of te room. they even sit beside it and pee,but not inside. we have had to put diapers on them. im starting to get board f them, cuz i cant play outside of the cage with them. HELP PLEASE! desperate!

Are your Rabbits neutered?
They are territory marking outside of their cage and this behaviour will be reduced by neutering.

Its a shame you are 'getting bored with them' just because they are acting like perfectly normal Rabbits :cry:

Janex

Are your Rabbits neutered?
They are territory marking outside of their cage and this behaviour will be reduced by neutering.

Its a shame you are 'getting bored with them' just because they are acting like perfectly normal Rabbits :cry:

Janex

True, on both cases.

when you say you're putting nappies on them, do you mean like...baby nappies? Surely it's not worth the hassle?!

These are the sorts of things you need to consider before getting them rabbits are not humans and although you can litter train them it may take individuals longer to learn have you consulted your vet for advise? I really don't think the nappies are the right thing to do really not a natural thing for a rabbit and as for getting bored with them because there not doing what you want them to do :shock:

my rabbits, i have been trying o potty traine or so long. they learned inside of their cage,cuz we have 2 cages connected. 1n side, capet and toys and bed, other food bowl shavings and ltter box. they use it t, and dont pee on the carpet. but when their outside of it, they act like they cant even see it in the corner of te room. they even sit beside it and pee,but not inside. we have had to put diapers on them. im starting to get board f them, cuz i cant play outside of the cage with them. HELP PLEASE! desperate!

Nappies on rabbits :shock: :shock: that isn't a good idea they are not babies they are animals!! I take it yor not in the UK ? To be honest I've never ever heard of anyone putting nappies on rabbits :( It does take time to litter train rabbits, my housebun Fizz very often wee's but luckily we have tiled and wooden floors so its just a case of getting a mop on it..

My rabbit Tia refused to be house trained, so I put her in a hutch outside and she was much happier. Maa and Benny also hated being indoors - Maa just sat under the bed, and Benny ripped and chewed everything in sight - they both seem more than content in nice big hutches outside with the run of a secure patio twice a day, which I find a lot easier to sweep and disinfect than carpet :) is there no way yours can live outside?

We were lucky Charly got the hanf of the litter tray within a couple of days. I don't like the idea of putting nappies on rabbits. They could chew the nappy and make them very ill. Where do you get small enough nappies for them? Or are they the cotton ones????????

Ours went in straight away and they had never even seen a litter tray before. They are still going in there except for their cactropes, which they do outside of it. You shouldn't get bored of them. They aren't toys. You should have researched and really thought about the responsiables and potenital problems that you may have come across with rabbits before you got them. I love my buns to bits!!! I've only had them four days but they feel like part of the family already and I could never give them up. They still nibble and run away from me sometimes but they are so much better than when I first got them. Be patient and seek advice on here or other forums and books and a vet. And putting nappies on a rabbit is so cruel too!!! :evil: :evil:

Your bored because they pee on your carpet:cry: That's awful. Why not use carpet shampoo and a cloth? :cry: :cry: :cry: Buster does wee wee ocassionally on the carpet and I don't really 'play with him' just cuddles and strokes and sometimes tug with his rabbit rattle.

I'm having similar trouble with Honey but she has only recently been neutered so it will take a little time for her hormones to settle down. She has good days and bad days. The only place she does have lapses is on my bed so I just put an extra blanket over the top so I can just pop it in the washing machine. Could you not put extra litter trays around.

:shock: I hope this is a sick joke 'cos to put nappies on buns and also get bored of them - well :censored: :censored: :censored:

They are RABBITS - not adult humans :censored: :censored:

Move the litter box to the spot where they've pee'd next to it. This is normal territorial peeing when first introduced to new area - also if not neutured/speyed. If you use a mixture of white wine vinegar and water to spray onto the pee it really gets the stain out and the smell. It also masks the smell from the rabbit making it less keen to pee there again.

Please take the nappies off them. :cry: That really can't be good for them, they're rabbits.

Back