• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A kitchen full of bunnies - Update

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
I've decided to be brave and bond Sunnie with my other 3 bunnies. So with Janice on e-mail stand-by and a lot of parsley in the bonding arena, I started the bonding. There has been no major fighting so far, just a bit of chasing and fur pulling, and LOTS of eating and pooing. I left them in the kitchen all afternoon, and now put them in a dog crate for the night. Hopefully I can put them all into the hutch tomorrow, without any major upsets.

Early stage of bonding, Penny and Snoopy exhausted, Sunnie still scared (Luna is eating in the other corner):

bond7.jpg

Sunnie finally brave enough to eat:

bond10.jpg

Time for a rest:

bond12.jpg

In the dog crate they can't avoid each other. Note the Snoopy action shot:

bond13.jpg

Sunnie washing her face:

bond16.jpg

The baby girls :

bond17.jpg

Three bunnies trying to squeeze themselves under the plastic stool, Sunnie enjoying the space:

bond18.jpg

Thank you Janice for the moral support and practical advice. :wave:

Last edited:
It all looks very promising. I love to see larger groups of bunnies - your buns are lovely:D

Looks all good to me, so far. Well done.

Is the dog crate now on carpet? If it is it might pay to put either some old towels or some newspaper around it for overnight. You may find some debris ejected from the crate overnight ;)

Aw Yay! Its looking good for you too! :D
I've 5 buns taken up residence in my kitchen at the mo.
It's been a bit over 24 hours now and they're all very chilled.
It's so lovely seeing them in a group and all interacting! :D

Looks all good to me, so far. Well done.

Is the dog crate now on carpet? If it is it might pay to put either some old towels or some newspaper around it for overnight. You may find some debris ejected from the crate overnight ;)

I put some lino floor pieces under the back half, but the carpet is so old that it doesn't really matter if it gets littered a bit. I'll clean up afterwards. They'll have to come back in for a night after Luna's spay, too.
The main problem are the two baby girls, they have no table manners, always dig in the food bowl or knock it over, pull it away from the others, etc.. But at least nothing gets wasted, they eat everything off the floor then. :rolleyes:

And Fairy, I saw your 5 bunnies in the kitchen pictures, they look like they've been friends for a long time. :D

Oooh bonding :shock: it's a brave brave world!:lol: :lol: but they all look really good, hope you get a peaceful night and happy buns in the morning :D . Sunnie and Luna look beautiful, Luna's grown so much, it really shows when you see her compared to Sunnie. Everytime I see a bonding thread, I just want a HUGE family gathering of my own!:lol: :lol: I wonder if I could get 9 in the bathroom hmmmmmmmm :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

Oooh bonding :shock: it's a brave brave world!:lol: :lol: but they all look really good, hope you get a peaceful night and happy buns in the morning :D . Sunnie and Luna look beautiful, Luna's grown so much, it really shows when you see her compared to Sunnie. Everytime I see a bonding thread, I just want a HUGE family gathering of my own!:lol: :lol: I wonder if I could get 9 in the bathroom hmmmmmmmm :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

Have you tried any bonding this weekend? Maybe if you finish the work in your bathroom, you could then use it for bonding. :D I remember Chloe's bathroom full of bunnies, I am sure there were more than 9.

*bows* to exceedingly brave person :wave: love the pic of them squashed under the foot stool :lol: personally I think it looks hopeful.. good luck and keep us posted

Adie has promised me he will get trade in to do the bathroom later this year. I could probably get away with quite a lot over the next few weeks as the Rugby world cup has started and it will be like living with a zombie.:lol: :lol: . That's of course when he's not messing around in boats!:roll: :lol: The bathroom is currently in this state still, but we have a small en suite which we've all been using now for the nearly 3 years it's been like this!:shock: I don't think he'd notice me sneaking upstairs with 9 buns especially if a match is on!:lol: :lol:
bathroom1.jpg

Adie has promised me he will get trade in to do the bathroom later this year. I could probably get away with quite a lot over the next few weeks as the Rugby world cup has started and it will be like living with a zombie.:lol: :lol: . That's of course when he's not messing around in boats!:roll: :lol: The bathroom is currently in this state still, but we have a small en suite which we've all been using now for the nearly 3 years it's been like this!:shock: I don't think he'd notice me sneaking upstairs with 9 buns especially if a match is on!:lol: :lol:
bathroom1.jpg

Have to say our new bathroom looks slightly better than yours. :lol: But the drain of the basin is still leaking, and so is the radiator (they used the old one again instead of getting a nice new one, the landlord is not all that generous). Thanks to the tube strike they did not do any work last week, and there are still several small jobs to be finished. Like the edges of our new bedroom window, so that I can finally put up the net curtains again. :roll:
Hopefully I can come and inspect your bathroom soon. Will try not to stand between Adie and the TV. :D

Have to say our new bathroom looks slightly better than yours. :lol: But the drain of the basin is still leaking, and so is the radiator (they used the old one again instead of getting a nice new one, the landlord is not all that generous). Thanks to the tube strike they did not do any work last week, and there are still several small jobs to be finished. Like the edges of our new bedroom window, so that I can finally put up the net curtains again. :roll:
Hopefully I can come and inspect your bathroom soon. Will try not to stand between Adie and the TV. :D

I was wondering how your bathroom was getting on. Most people I know who've embarked on a bathroom project have started after us and everyone has finished! :roll: :roll: The last bathroom we did took 2 years, then within 3 months we'd sold the house! I will have a new bathroom one day! When it is done, I will be like a proud parent and everyone will have to see it.:lol: :lol: :lol:

They're all gorgeous and it looks really promising!!

Maizy - I was going to say "course you can get 9 in your bathroom!" ...... now I'm not so sure!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

I have put the bunnies back in the hutch and run, and there has been a bit of chasing, which usually doesn't last long. Penny and Luna keep chasing Sunnie, and Sunnie then thumps and growls quite loudly. At least, with all the chasing, she learnt to use the ramp really fast.

The mere thought of gettting more buns and bonding them with my two scares the living daylights out of me so well done xxx

Back