• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bladder sludge

I know somewhere there is a list of high and low calcium foods, will see if I can find it for you Theo :wink:

Gem said:
I know somewhere there is a list of high and low calcium foods, will see if I can find it for you Theo :wink:

Oh thanks, I can't find and with the search thingy being off I didn't know where to start, thanks

You are a star, thanks very much, will have another look tomorrow as well, thanks again

dont forget that carrot tops are very high in the calcium department too, I dont feed them at all now :roll:

Ah yes, of course they are and I have been giving her those, I must cut them out, I'll have to add it to the list

I hope it does the trick, thanks everyone

Also you can get low calcium hay (I think Timothy hay is low calcium). I had a rabbit with kidney stones and had to do all this low-Ca thing. Good luck.

Thanks that's brilliant, wgere do you get the cranberry capsules from please?

Thanks for the info everyone

I got the Cranberry/ Vitamin C combined capsules from our local (human) health food shop...I would think that a big chain like Holland & Barratt would stock them too.

The capsules are little clear plastic containers that you can pull apart easily. I have no idea about dosage, but I've been feeding a whole capsule worth of powder every 2 or 3 days. Some powder obviously spills onto the floor, so I have no idea how much of it actually gets eaten!

My rabbit was constantly wet around her tail area, but has recently regained some control over her bladder and is dry because she is no longer dribbling urine. I have no idea if the Cranberry/Vit C helped in any way because she is also on injectable steroids at the moment, but it certainly hasn't harmed her, so its worth a try.

Amy

Back