• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Wound help- underlining immune problem? U/D Had Surgery and Pictures

William just called, she is doing ok, he had to take more muscle out than he wanted as there was an abscess in the muscle layer :(

We are going to collect her this evening, he thinks she has quite a good chance of recovering as long as there is no more infection, but the penicillin should take care of that.

Gosh! I've just read all this as I missed it first time. It's so scary!!

Hope Isabel is ok.

I really hope that Isabel can recover. She has endured 3 major ops in just a few weeks :cry:

Please give her a gentle cuddle from me xx

I really hope that Isabel can recover. She has endured 3 major ops in just a few weeks :cry:

Please give her a gentle cuddle from me xx

William was surprised at just how bad it was, he thinks that the abscess was not spotted when they opened her up the first time after the spay, he said there is no way it would have healed with the abscess as it was

It is such a lot for a little bunny to go through :(

You would love her Jane she is so beautiful and soft, a real sweetheart :love:

Well she is home :) she seems quite bright considering what she's been through. She is at Kris's tonight then I am going to take her as Kris has to go back to Kingston. She is on a high dose of metacam and penicillin injections. She going to need loads of vibes please xx

Well she is home :) she seems quite bright considering what she's been through. She is at Kris's tonight then I am going to take her as Kris has to go back to Kingston. She is on a high dose of metacam and penicillin injections. She going to need loads of vibes please xx

I will be thinking of the brave little Bunny and I so hope that she can get better xx

She is alert, but seems very wobbly at times. She had one SS pellet, but then didn't want any more. She hasn't yet touched her posh hay.

She had a little fight with the newspaper and seemed to want to eat that :?

She has spent most of the time lying flat out. She has had her metacam for the night, just can't wait for it to kick in, as she looks like she is in a lot of discomfort :(

Here are some pictures of the beautiful girl, trying to get comfy.

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

I thought that, but she is refusing to eat the oat hay :?

Wow, just turned round, and we have about 18 poos now!

She is making up for lost time :shock:

Oh my word poor girl! sending vibes for her...she is looking well considering! :love::love:

What vet was it? I'm getting worried now because Phoebe was spayed at AA recently and soon after developed a lump underneath the scar...I was told that is was just a build up of blood and it will disappear in time (it has got smaller)...last week she had a bit of blood trickle out of her vagina...I called AA and was told just to monitor her wasn't told what it could be!...since then she has been absolutely fine...hopefully it is nothing...does make ya wonder though!

Oh my word poor girl! sending vibes for her...she is looking well considering! :love::love:

What vet was it? I'm getting worried now because Phoebe was spayed at AA recently and soon after developed a lump underneath the scar...I was told that is was just a build up of blood and it will disappear in time (it has got smaller)...last week she had a bit of blood trickle out of her vagina...I called AA and was told just to monitor her wasn't told what it could be!...since then she has been absolutely fine...hopefully it is nothing...does make ya wonder though!

Please tell me it was not the same Vets................ :shock:

How's Isabel doing this morning ?

I've been worrying about her all night, hope she's doing ok this morning.
Cloughie I would definitely change from Ark to William, I wouldn't trust any of the vets at AA

Back