• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any games??

XcrystalX

Warren Scout
Hello :wave::wave:i really want to bond with my buns,:D i barely see them cos of skool (exxcept weekends):cry:. but i always cuddle:lol: them i the morning. do any of you know of any games i could play with them, or leave in the hutch for them? thanks!:love::p

Hi, Games and activities are critical for happy Rabbits.

We have just has ours spayed and therefore they are seperated at present (in adjoining cages). Due to being bored they have been terrible, especially at night with rattling the bars and keeping us both up. As mentioned this is not the rabbits fault, you would get frustrated and bored with nothing to do.

Therefore "Daddy" spent time making them some great toys. There are also shop bought ones but that can get expensive.

We have:

1) Shop bought ball that can be filled with pellets, there is an opening that allows food to fall out.

2) A large Willow ball each. Once they have chewed away a hole I have looped strips of (uninked) cardboard in and out. This give them something to grip onto and throw around

3) A long thin cardboard tube (from kitchen roll) stuffed with Timothy Hay. Allow Hay to stick out of the edges

4) (for outside cage) A shop bought pop up Tunnel (I think 6 quid from P@H)

5) Large flat Cardbord Boc with holes cut in (i.e. Wombles 1st pic on sig)

6) The latest "Toy" is an uptuned sheepskin rug. We roll it into a tube or lean it as a tunnel. I think it must be the feel but they love that at the mo.

A lot of people (new/uneducated owners) do not realise how intellegent Rabbits are. By giving them plenty to do (like kids) you will see their behaviour improve and be able to enjoy the little beautties all the more.

If I can I will put some pics up for you :)

Yes they are great ideas from Stufi, bunnies definitely needs loads of mental stimulation, what hit home to me was when the vet said they have the emotional intelligence of a 3 year old, and you would never leave a 3 year old cooped up with nothing to do all day. I take cardboard boxes home from work and cut a door into two of the sides then sellotape two or three together to make a little warren and they love it, if they're not too heavy (the rabbits) you can even add additional "floors", out of all their many toys this is by far the most well used :)

We used to play with our bunnies by keep putting a toy in front of them and they'd throw it (sort of back to us, sort of just randomly flinging it!)

Back