• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Three bunnies in need of a home-morpeth

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behald of Crystal butterfly

due to recent cirumstances im having to give up 3 of my rabbits. neighbours are ganging up on me about the rabbit smell and waste i have black bins bags full of waste sitting in my garden constantly and as i cant drive i have to wait until my dad is through here on his day off which is roughly once every 2/3 weeks! just to take them to the tip, environmental health are now on my back and i fear they will have the rabbits taken away by the RSPCA as this would sort out the problem i also risk getting prosecuted by the environmental health if things dont change and i sadly cant change the way things are, where the bunny waste is concerned :(

because of the neighbours i am looking into jobs in Newcastle and when i get one i will be moving in with either of my parents both will only let me take 1 rabbit to live indoors. my first choice would deffinatly keep Crystal as she is my baby but she is bonded with Misty separating them would only be selfish especially since Misty was so depressed and lonely when he was a single rabbit, so after a think i have chosen to keep Lilli-Mai shes a nervous rabbit and has only just started to trust me passing her on will only be cruel :cry: especially since shes been passed from pillar to post all her life :(
I'd rather not give them up to a rescue as i really want to know where my rabbits are and who there with so i can keep in touch this is my way of still feeling part of their lives espeially Crystals :cry: :cry:

All potential homes will be homechecked and i will need to see a piture of your setup if you live further a feild, i can travel roughly 100 miles ouside of Newcastle for the right home, new owners will be expected to sign a contract stating that if for any reason the rabbit(s) need rehomed they must come back to me.

Crystal and Misty

Physical Description- both lop eared rabbits Misty is a dwarf and Crystal is either a dwarf lop or a cross, Misty is a small rabbit and Crystal Medium sized. Misty is a Magpie Harlequin and Crystal has a grey nose, ears and a few grey patches on her body.

Temperament- Crystal is a babe she lets you pick her up and cuddle her without a problem, Misty is a sweet lad very adventurous (reminds me of Indiana Jones!) but can wriggle when picked up always tries to do nose dives into his hutch!

Age- Crystal (3) and Misty (18 months)

Sex- Crystal doe and Misty buck

Neuter Status- both neutered
Vaccination Status- both fully vaccinated

Health- Crystal does have dental problems these seem to be getting better over time ive found she will eat Redigrass so this is possibly helping grind her teeth down, she did have a few worries with her weight recently but this seems to have gone and shes looking very healthy! Crystal will be checked by the vet before rehoming and if she needs a dental this will also be done, Misty has no known health problems but will be fully vet checked before rehoming

Type of home wanted- a home where they are going to have plenty space, love, care and attention, a home who will get them vet treatment at the first signs of ill health. a forever one.

Location- Morpeth, Northumberland

Reason for rehoming- reason explained in the huge essay at the beginning!

Binky

Physical Description- Small Harlequin dwarf lop

Temperament- very sweet natured but can wiggle sometimes when held.

Age- 18 months old

Sex- Buck

Neuter Status- Neutered

Vaccination Status- Fully Vaccinated

Health- had first dental on one tooth on the 4th August, i believe this may have been the result of an injury as his teeth had been perfect 6 weeks before but only time will tell, he will be fully vet checked before rehomed.

Type of home wanted- hopefully with a speyed doe but will let him go as a single house rabbit where he'll get plenty of space, care, love and attention and given vet treatment at the first signs of ill health.

Location- Morpeth, Northumberland

Reason for rehoming- stated above at the beginning.

Have you tried hiring a waste removal company, I think so are quite cheap, they could come one a week and collect the bags?

That is terrible news :( couldn't you buy some good old fashioned dustbins to put the bags in until you can get to the dump? surely that would elliminate any smell the neighbours were complaining about.

we have tried to get a bigger bin in the past but were refused as theres only me and my sis living here.

at the moment the place i work at isnt doing to well and everyones shifts have been cut in half im now making no more then £100 a week, thats £50 for rent, £20 on food and £30 in my bank to cover direct debits so cant add any extra costs. all vet bills are payed on my credit card which im trying to pay off. I live in a small town so theres not many jobs available and when their is you find lots of people apply so im sadly having to look further out of Morpeth Newcastle being the best place to look and if i find a job i will have to move over there due to transport etc. my mum would deffinalty let me have 4 rabbits but her bf isnt a pet lover and detests them so im lucky im even allowed 1! :(

Recent pic of Crystal

P1000797.jpg

recent pics of Misty

P1000502.jpg

P1000500.jpg

recent pics of Binky

P1000732.jpg

P1000745.jpg

Aww what gorgeous bunnys you have, i hope they find a forever home as to put your mind at rest, just cos a the :censored: neighbours :(

Im sorry that you are having to give up your bunnies, its must be such a difficult decision. Sounds as if you have more on your plate than simply the council. I hope things get resolved for you soon.

If it were simply the waste, you could buy a couple of your own wheelie bins to put in the back yard to just store the waste until your father came to take it to the skip. That way it would be out of sight from your neighbours and also rodent proof because the rubbish would be out of the way. I cannot believe the council. Are they implying that because they no longer do weekly rubbish collections, that anyone with a few bunnies (and thats all you have, you are not a rescue), can no longer keep them because of the waste:roll: Its ridiculous.

Thats awful that you have to give up your bunnies you must be heartbroken. I live about 20 miles north of you and I know what its like on the job front, its very quiet everywhere so jobs are hard to come by. If we had the room and finances I would gladly help with your rabbits but my oh would never allow it :( I do hope you get sorted soon. xx

Oh I'm so sorry you're having to rehome 3 of your beautiful bunnies - they are certainly stunning & I hope you manage to find them a new home soon. I know how you feel about your neighbours, we've been having some grief from our neighbours - even though we are fortunate enough to be able to tip our waste & keep them spotless. I just wish I had the room to take them all in, as they are just so gorgeous!!

Just wondering if youve had any luck with finding a home for your bunnies??? I cant stop thinking about you and the bunnies, I think its coz i know that im only 20 mins away from you. I really hope that someone can help you.

hunny it may be a long shot, but my uncle and his wife are looking for a friend for Yeeha, (you know the mini jelly baby from last year) she is fully vac and spayed and really wants a boyfriend, i was going to go to the rspca with them... but if i show them binkies piccie perhaps they will be interested, and perhaps it would be good because i would update you all the time on him.

if someone else can offer him a home then by all means dont wait for me as such, but i am speaking to her end of this week so i will send his piccie over.

im so sorry u have to do this hun, i know how much you love them.

x

That's horrible don't no what i'd do without my bunnie babies I wish I could take them but I just don't have room in my bunny shed! Have you tried the vets Robson and Prescott and fairmoor the farm at Morpeth may also help as well as PARRT at Bedlington. Good Luck I hope they find suitable homes and I will ask round as I just live in Ashington.
Katie

to be honest i dont want to place any ads in any vets to find a home as last time i did this Binky ended up in a bad home :cry:

im currently getting help from Paws for thought rescue they have placed my buns on there website and anyone interested will be homechecked then passed onto me but even they've told me that rehoming is really slow at the moment :?

Back