• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's Your Rabbit Called 2008 - Results(p4) & Reasons(p7) All In!

Awww!! I didn't know you were doing this!! Who else has a Biscuit Nibbles or Bobby then?? Wuzzle is unique. The name suits one bunny and one bunny only, and he's mine hahaha :lol::lol::lol:

i migth be being really blind bu ti cnt see mine :(:(

I can see Domino,

but not, peanut butter, Jelly or pebbles, there is a pebbles tho

there's no charlie :cry:

now there MUST be more than one charlie on the forum!!!!spotted brian on the unique list though (cant be right surely) and jack in there ;)

i am a bit confused as to how this works...

does 2 entries mean there are 2 rabbits wiht the same name?

Yay, Doris and Nigel are unique! Thats earned them a green bean for lunch I think :) and Dougal will get one for commiserations too. I wanted to call him Oscar when we got him but he already had his name.....

there's no charlie :cry:

now there MUST be more than one charlie on the forum!!!!spotted brian on the unique list though (cant be right surely) and jack in there ;)

i am a bit confused as to how this works...

does 2 entries mean there are 2 rabbits wiht the same name?

Charlie is in the 9 names list and yes, that means nine people entered the name Charlie. :D

Maria x

In total we had 1739 names entered of which 652 were unique. I would just like to thank everyone again, especially those who have repeated it for us this year! :D Also apologies to any I may have missed/mis-spelt and to those who have passed to the bridge since this began. :(

Reasons 26
I have managed to break it down into 26 reasons. Not everyone will agree with the reasons as they are subjective but I have tried my best. Quite often a bunny fell into more than one reason but has only been listed once, therefore the figures will not seem accurate but do show a trend. :roll:

Action 45
Many buns were named due to action they perform eg binky, thump, lick & growl. There were also some more obscure reasons such as bunny licks a lot, which is sweet therefore named Honey. Lola (Flirt) Thistle (Bad tempered) and Thumper (Thumps) were the only repeated names in this category.

Alcohol 10
The alcohol bunnies need no further explanation :lol::lol:
Bailey
Brandy
Guinness
Sambuka
Scrumpie Jack
Shandy x2
Sheridan
Sherry
Smirnoff

Already Named 148
An amazing 148 of you kept the names your rabbits already had. Thumper was the only name to appear more than twice and had 4 entries.

Appearance 154
At least 154 of you named your rabbit due to its appearance in some way. This figure could be a lot higher as some of the bunnies crept into other categories eg Not My Fault or Food etc. The most popular names in this section were Angel, Joey and Pebbles with 3 entries each, then Sooty & Snowy with 4, then Smudge with 7.

Book 38
I added Beatrix Potter the person into this category as well as her book characters. The following books were used for inspiration.
Lord Of The Rings 9
Beatrix Potter 8
Watership Down 4
Winnie The Pooh 3
childrens book 3
Unknown 2
Calvin & Hobbes Comic
Charlottes Web
Enid Blyton
Lettice the dancing rabbit
Pride & Prejudice
Prince Caspian
Scottish Fairytales
To Kill A Mockingbird
Viz Comic

Car 4
4 Rabbit names were related to cars/motor vehicles in some way. :shock:

Christmas 16
Christmas was a popular theme for bunny names. Santa and Holly were the most popular.

Family 17
Ok, we contributed quite heavily into this category with 9 of the 17 entries. No names were repeated.

Famous 65
65 in total – 29 had a musical influence, 7 historical people, 6 footballers and 6 other sports people. The rest were more individual but this section almost makes us all sound educated. :shock::lol::lol: Bob Marley had the most entries with 4.

Film 26
Films inspired 26 Bunny names this year. As follows
Lion King 4
Harry Potter 3
Roger Rabbit 3
Thelma & Louise 2
Matrix 2
Batman
Benny & Joon
Edward Scissorhands
gremlins
High School Musical
Miss Congeniality
Pirates Of The Carribean
Popeye
Superman
Top Gun
Twin Peaks

Food 60
Yep – there’s even a bunny named trifle. *wonders who that could be* :rolleyes: This is another section whose numbers could be much higher – for example only 1 Fudge in this section when there are 8 Fudges on the list. The more unusual names are Fishcake, Haggis and Porkpie. Most of the names in this section are chocolate/biscuit/pudding related!

Goes With 17
This section was for name which go together eg sugar and spice, salt and pepper etc. The reason we have an odd number is because the first bunny may have been named for a reason and the 2nd bunny named to match the first. Here are the names but I’ll leave it to you to see who goes with who!! :)
Bambi, Biffy, Biscuit, Crumpet, Dexter, Duchess, Duke, Frutti, Karmella, Lolly, Merridore, Miffy, Muffin, Nyx, Pebbles, Tai, Tutti

Halloween 6
6 bunnies in this section -
Candy, , Pumpkin x2, Trix, Trixie, Willow

In Memory 13
This section is for those bunnies who are named in memory of someone/thing or after someone who isn’t a famous person or a family member eg the dog of the boy I fancied. :roll::lol: No names were repeated.

Liked Name 52
The bunnies in this section were named for no other reason than you like the name – quite often followed by it suited them. No name is entered in this section more than twice.

Lucky 4
Self explanatory really. Lucky x3 and Charm x1.

Misc 34
These are all the individual reasons for naming your bunny. No-one else used the same reason. Eg Charlie because he smelt good! All unique in this section.

No Reason 814
No reasons were given for 814 names – many of which were rescues (understandably) and I was actually very grateful by the end to these 814 !!

Not My Fault – partner, son, daughter, etc named them. 41
This is the blame someone else section! :lol: So do we have any embarrassing names??? The two that stand out would be Teapot and Larmee (which would have been Llama had she been able to pronounce the word)!

Plant 50
Plant includes herbs/spices themes and Flowers as well as Plants. Some might have slipped into food eg parsnip, parsley etc. A common theme it seems. Bluebell and Bracken are the most popular with 3 entries each. Bunnies called Daisy are mainly white and therefore named due to their appearance just in case anyone was wondering.

Pretty 13
13 people wanted pretty, girlie names for their buns. No names were repeated.

Rhyming 6
Wanted the 2nd bunny to rhyme with the first. No repeated names.

Same Letter 15
Wanted all bunnies to begin with the same letter, M, B, and S were popular for this.

Suits them 36
Just because it suited them! Amazingly no names were repeated at all. I would like to see photos of Frank and Eeyore please.

TV 42
Named after TV shows and characters - even Corrie and Emmerdale crept in here. :oops:
9 Flintstones
5 Darling buds of May
4 magic roundabout
4 charmed
2 Starsky & Hutch
2 kids programe
2 FawltyTowers
2 coronation Street
A Team
Battlestar gallactica
Buffy
Dempsey & Makepeice
Emmerdale
Fifi & Flowertots
fraggle rock
Frasier
Friends
gladiators
Only Fools And Horses
West Wing
x files

Wrong Sex 11
Self explanatory. Eg Alice became Alistair. No repeated names.

Hope you have enjoyed this :D

Maria (and Neil)

Edit - and to prove I have too much time on my hands - here is a pretty pie chart! :lol:
piechart.jpg

Last edited:
Wow :shock: What an amazing amount of work for you guys - well done!

I'm sure everyone appreciates all the time you've put into this; it makes fascinating reading :D

I'm loving some of the names - ah, to have an imagination! :lol:

good god what a lot of effort!!! and thank i did find charlie eventually :oops:

and he DID smell good!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

brilliant effort, this should be a sticky!

ahh I'm glad Molly is up there :D Even though my molly is a boy I woudn't change the name! Although my dad calls him Morris as he thinks its cruel to call him Molly. :rolleyes:

hehe lol just wondering did Peanut Butter and Jelly come under 'Food' or 'goes with' lol!

:lol::lol:

Back