• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog Cage/Crate - run to attach

racheld69

Mama Doe
:wave: Further to my thread last week I now have my dog cage which the buns are busy firing poos around the place in.

Anyway, am thinking of getting a run to attach so that they could have more space and if we go away someone can pop in and feed them without them being either shut in their cage all the time or loose trashing the joint - both of which are not feasible.

Has anyone got a good run you can attach to a dog cage or any ideas or anything?

This is how mine looked

000_0458.jpg

I attached it to the crate with cable ties. That particular run off zooplus is the highest I could find and i didn't need to put a cover on it but you may need to if you have acrobatic bunnies.

:wave: is it hard to escape from? ie can they push it over, squeeze underneath it etc? How do you attach it to the crate to stop them getting through that gap?

I have a very similar one to the one pictured and I attach it to the dog crate by threading through the metal rods into the crate itself, so there is no gap and they can't knock it over :)

cool - thanks guys!

so you don't have to use all the segments of the zooplus run then depending on how much size you have?

Also Shell - what is that mat on the floor - that looks great - might need to get one of those as well!?

You get 8 run panels and can use as many as you like. They are really handy for blocking up doorways and gaps, i use mine for all sorts of things. The stuff of the floor is an offcut of lino that i found at work. :D

You get 8 run panels and can use as many as you like. They are really handy for blocking up doorways and gaps, i use mine for all sorts of things. The stuff of the floor is an offcut of lino that i found at work. :D

What a good idea! We have that problem! Have bought 1 baby gate so far but feel like we need about another 100 to stop them getting where they shouldn't !:shock: My boyfriend works for a flooring company and is getting me some lino so that is that bit sorted!:D

Here's how i did it..
newpen1.jpg

Please ignore the mess :lol: I used a large throw at the time but soon changed to lino cos Nala enjoyed peeing on it :roll: I have two sets of these pen panels now, got the from ebay and use some here and the rest at my mums for when they go there. They arent as high as some so it depends if yours are jumpers or not, Ive found Fifi outside twice when i had that setup so i did put netting over the top at one point and also used a fitted sheet at one point too which i pegged on to deter them. Oh and i used cable ties to attach it to the dog crate :D
Actually in that picture i used bungy cords to attach the run but i changed it after a while to cable ties instead

Just be careful putting boxes and hidey holes in the pen....Marley worked out how to push them to the edge of the pen climb on and jump out :roll:

Just be careful putting boxes and hidey holes in the pen....Marley worked out how to push them to the edge of the pen climb on and jump out :roll:

:wave: Thanks for the tip - Nettle already thinks he/she is Sir Ranulph Fiennes climbing furniture mountains and the furthest corners of the house by getting over barriers etc!

Thanks for all your advice - have ordered that one off zooplus. I also found a 10% off code for zooplus so if anyone wants it let me know!:D

that link is great!

I am defo going to get one of these as I hate having to put my rabbits in their cage when we are at work, at least getting them one of these each will give them both loads more room and it will stop me feeling so guilty :)

I have not yet seen anyone try it but you can put two crates together. The doors have to be on opposite ends so you need two different makes.

Back