• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Concern about EVO

BeetleBabe

Young Bun
We noticed ealier that Evo seemed to be leaning his head to the right and is also wobbly on his feet, and more subdued than usual - not interested in his treats etc. His ears and bottom are fine, but he wont let us look at his teeth. We managed to see the front ones and they look the same as usual, no overhanging. He seems to be a bit grumbly when handled too, possibly with his breathing but seems more of a grumble than difficulty breathing.

What to check/do ?

Hey, I think you'd be best moving this into Rabbit Care :) Maybe get a better response there. Sorry to hear Evo isnt doing so well, If he sounds like hes struggling to breathe/grumbly when you handle him, I think i'd leave him be as much as possible. Also, is he eating anything at all? Drinking? Poo'ing? If not, you're going to have to syringe feed him :( Thats all the advice I can offer I'm afraid, i'd definately pop this somewhere else if your still online, otherwise, i'll be very interfering, and move it myself (sorry!) Please keep us updated Xx

This just occured to me, and I had reported the post to a moderator to see if they could move it for me!
Ill reply to the questions in the other topic!

Is he eating? I'd be tempted to call the vet now and have a chat. A head tilt and wooblyness could be early signs of an inner ear infection. If that's the case prompt treatment can really help.

Also clean his tray so you can monitor poop and check how much food he has so you can monitor eating.

Is he eating? I'd be tempted to call the vet now and have a chat. A head tilt and wooblyness could be early signs of an inner ear infection. If that's the case prompt treatment can really help.

Also clean his tray so you can monitor poop and check how much food he has so you can monitor eating.

He's with a friend though Tam, so still quite tough to check whats going in & coming out :? I think I too would just call the vet & see what s/he says Xx

Sorry guys I have been replying in the other thread..(ive caused caos here :oops: )

He is pooping and eating ok, and is generally ok in himself.

Back