• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unfriendly Rabbit

That's great to hear.

And honestly at the beginning, the story of your first vet seems so convincing, I thought that very considerate of him to know that.

Let us know how it turns out.

Fluffybunny said:
Hi, Back from the vet, he has said that there is no reason why she couldn't be spayed, I asked him to look at her heart because of what the earlier vet said, and he basically said he was talking total rubbish (he does around 10 neuteres a week for the local rabbit rescue so I trust that he knows what he is on about).
Eve, don't know if this changes anything that she can now be spayed risk-free, but I doubt I would be able to bond her up as I don't have another buck. Let me know if you think you would like more information on her.
Its nice to know there are some vets who know what they are talking about, but not so reassuring that one could give the wrong information to so many rabbits!
Rachel

hi rachel does the vet say she has a heart problem but can be spayed, or does he say the previous vet was wrong in the diagnosis that there is something wrong with the heart? have you booked her in to be spayed?

eve x

He said that she doesn't have a heart condition, she's not booked in as he said she was a few ounces over weight (which means fat around the ovaries) so I am going to cut her down slowly.
Rachel

Afraid not, the only bucks here are all stud bucks (and there's only 2!) and the same goes for the does. She, and another 6 year old doe (too old to spay) are the only pets.
8)

Hiya,

Just read this I miss all the post these days. I've a few biters (fosters) but I did rehome Pippin to be Busters girlfriend, Pippin is also very territorial and it hasn't calmed since she's been spayed. Once I have her in my arms shes ok, but if I try feed her, she lunges growls and bites me. I've a really nasty bite on my arm from trying to give Buster attention she took a massive bite and cut my arm through my jumper. I knew she was bad when I had her, so I expect the behaviour from her and being as I calmed my fosters down, I thought I was an expert at it, but unfortunetly it doesn't seem to be the case with her. I have her in a five foot two storey hutch, so tem foot in total, all her toys are downstairs and her bed and food are up stairs attached to that I've a five by four run. When I get home I just open the run and she can go in at her leisure, so I don't have to touch her. She is a happy bunny, but when I picked her up from the RSPCA her last owner had tried to kill her because they didn't like so she has major trust issues.

Here is a picture of her set and there she is ready to pounce :lol:

2c3051f5.jpg

She can exercise eat and play all in one space without me actually having to touch her (although she's living in the house at the minute, because Buster is sick and she's keeping him compoany, but thats another story :roll: )

hope this is helpfull

Back