• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

running

Michelle

Warren Scout
will a rabbit run very fast if it is in a new environment? because i havent got a run yet so i will have to let my rabbit just run free around the garden when i first get him, so do you think it will be hard to catch him on the first day that i get him? do they run fast?

hi

I kind of mentioned this on the other thread - but yes it will run away from a total stranger - it won't know you bring food and can be trusted for a couple of weeks - food is the best way to round up your bunnies - before it knows you=food it will run away...So preferably buy some wire and wood or a pen and fence off a smallish area of your garden (I've fenced off my patio) - they love to run really fast when they are happy too - it's great to watch - It will need exercise to stay healthy and happy though :)

oh yeah they can run fast alright . Maybe it would be a good idea to keep them in the hutch for safety and for your sanity until a run can be sorted ... unless you have a walled in garden which is very very secure and very very high as they are also great jumpers , you also have to be so careful of predators , on the ground and in the air . To save any heartbreak I would strongly recommend a run asap .

rabbits also enjoy running like mad around the house . cheeky turned into supa bunny and would take a mad turn around the house , upstairs downstairs , round the table in the kitchen (slide on lino - whack unit) , run back out again , upstairs - run smack into bathroom door (not realising that he can,t fit through a 1 inch gap) , stop shake his head , run about for a another minute then collapse in a heap . We had this every night almost for most of cheeky,s life . 7pm to 8pm was known as cheekys happy hour !! :lol:

my bunny has free run of the garden, but i have trained him to wait for me to pick him up or when i say '' home Jazzy'' he runs into his hutch so they can be trained also :lol:

Can you borrow a dog pen from someone? They are made to go in different configurations. You can get one with a tarpaulin roof fron ebay for about £30.
The Rabbit Rehome site also sells panel packs which i use

Back