• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pan and Velvet are fighting!!!

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Right why????? Pan and Velvet have lived together for about 5 months now. They have never faught and Pan is spayed and velvet is going to the vets tonight for her check up before she gets spayed. On sunday all was peacful and then suddenly Pan went for Velvet in a big way! Pan has always been a grumpy ****** but her and velvet have never faught!!!!!!

Monday was ok but again this morning Pan went for Velvet!!!!

What is this about? I have no clue

Quite frankly it is probably the weather my four have been at each other all weekend with Zeus getting thoroughly plucked by Athena - I arrived home on Sunday to find a huge pile of his fur blowing round the garden!!

Thankfully he is moulting and it seems that it was pulled out from his back and tail area and I couldn't find any bites or wounds. She never grooms him and I doubt he would be able to pull that much out himself.

Violet and Cosmos have even had scraps over the shadiest spot with Cosmos trying to chase Violet out of a nice, cool spot he wanted.

I would have expected you to say the unspayed girl went for the spayed girly but not the other way around. Hopefully it will calm down again as the weather gets cooler.

Caz

Hi Phill, are they near Jack by any chance because this could cause them to fight or it could also be because of the new buns. Hope all is well with them and yourself.
Take care
love
kay

Thank Caz, Yeh if it had been Velvet go for Pan it would have been understandable but the other way round is just odd!

All of the buns have been grumpy but not this grumpy!

I'll put it down to the heat, Thanks again Caz XX

Oooh yeah I didn't think of that - when I bought home Violet just one whiff of her set Athena and Zeus off and they bickered for about a week until they got used to smelling her scent around.

I even posted on here worried that their bond may have been broken.

Caz

kayj said:
Hi Phill, are they near Jack by any chance because this could cause them to fight or it could also be because of the new buns. Hope all is well with them and yourself.
Take care
love
kay

Hiya Kay! No there nowhere near Jack but i did think this might be making Velvet Randy and she's trying to hump Pan which is another reason, Thanks :D

They can possible smell Jack. I had this happen to Pepper and Harley, they use to play in the garden together and as soon as Thumper came along David and I had to seperate them both as they really did fight, and they still don't get on to this day.

Mmmm i suppose it could be a mixture of smelling Jack and the heat!!! that would be enough to send any bun nuts!!

Back