• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Please, Rab has been bullied!

hunnybun

Mama Doe
Poor Rab, my two yr old buck has been bullied or possibly been in a fight with Vinnie. I have brought him indoors doors, he has several tufts of hair missing but no signs of other injuries. He is very quiet and won't eat or drink.

Please help, I am so worried about him. What should I do?

Thanks.

Aww poor bunny. Have they had fights before. Not much of a rabbit expert so cant offer any advise apart from give your bunny lots of love an attention with cuddles if he will let you. Is there a food he likes as a treat he might eat? Does he normally stay outside, perhaps he needs a warm nesting area to go sit and sulk in. Sorry if im not helping and best of luck.

Bless him, He could possibly suffering from shock, maybe it would be an idea to make him a little nest in a quiet area or room and leave him to rest and calm down. It is also a good idea to give him a little treat.

Thanks

No, they have not fought before. I have tried his fav foods, but he won't touch it. He has been cuddled up in my arms and is now hiding in a corner, although, he is streched and relaxed but def not himself. :cry:

Rab is in shock from the beating :? Keep him quiet, warm and make sure that water and food are near to him. He'll calm down eventually but he's going to be really nervous for a while.
Put some squashed up kitchen roll near him for him to maybe play with and that will tell you if he feels better.
Just give him time - poor little man - it's such a shock for them :(

Thanks to you all for your help and kind words :) Rab is still very quiet and hiding, refusing food, even his hay! but he has had a few drinks of water :) :D I will keep him seperate from Vinnie, unless supervised for the time being :roll:

thanks again, it was great to know I would get quick replies :D

xx

Hiya - awwww poor bunster - not the best way to start the day eh!! - have you any Rescue Remedy at home - sometimes if you pop some in his water when he starts to drink - this may help settle him and help calm him a little.

I tend to keep some in as general now - good standby for the bunster and me :lol: :wink:

Best of luck - hope he is o.k.

Rab

My fabby Rabby has recovered from his ordeal. Thanks goodness, I kept him indoors all night! he had the freedom of the sitting room! I was a wee bit worried about what he may have eaten in the night, but he was a good boy :) I got up at 5.30am to sit with him :wink:

He has had some breakfast and is drinking, he is back in his hutch, but I have lifted the ramp so he and vinnie can't get to each other :(

I am so glad he is on the mend :D :D :D

fantastic, glad he is feeling better again. Love your hutch by the way had a look at your website. Its absolutely fan dabby dosey, and you can separate the buns when need how great. Where did u get it, mind you dont think could afford something like that its wonderful.

Back