Thread: House bunny set ups

Wise Old Thumper

Default House bunny set ups

I would be really interested in seeing pics of buns indoor set ups if anyone would like to share!

Iím trying to decide on an option for like a bunnies Ďsafe spaceí atm. We currently have two of those really cheap ikea tables next to each other, with small rugs draped over them to provide a hidden area. Itís worked really well for us. My kid spends as much time sitting in there as my bunny does

But we are moving across the country, and Iíve noticed that although he hasnít really gone at them, heís done a small amount of chewing at the back. So decided for sure to leave these ones here, and if I go with the same approach see if I can get any similar tables that are natural. The ones we have are the white ikea ones, donít even know what the coating is on them but it doesnít look pet safe. Evidently I was under the impression my guy wasnít a chewer when I got them. So yeah I mean if Iím changing them out, I was thinking I should also consider other options in case I come across a better idea!
    she / her

I'm guessing they're the Lack tables or at least similar, fibreboard with a painted veneer. Not exactly safe but nothing to worry about either. I've found actually bare wood tables difficult to get hold of, most are varnished, treated, painted, but then I've stuck to the free ads XD I've always wondered about using a great big wooden box or three, like a massive wine crate or something, with either a blanket or sheet of wood covering half of it or a hole cut in it, or something along those lines.
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her/any.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Wise Old Thumper

Iíve been wondering able yet something like that too. I was thinking even like a little wooden kids step or stool covered. It needs to be sturdy enough and solid on the top so he can sit up there. Iím gonna keep looking.

Those lack tables are exactly what he has. He has two of them next to each other, and honestly I think itís overkill. He never even sits under them. So I want something smaller this time!

Thanks
    she / her

Warren Veteran

Does Ikea still do the stools with a plastic seat and metal legs?

Wise Old Thumper

Iíve not seen that, but plastic is a no go here Churro eats it. Iíve just had to replace one of my sons dolls because he got hold of it and chewed a hole in its head I donít know what it is about plastic but he just goes at it.

Wood he tends to leave alone surprisingly. I just obviously worry about it being treated just in case!
    she / her