• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging

RinnyRin

Warren Scout
Hello,

I’m wondering what kind of stuff do you guys use for a digging box for indoor buns? I have the manor pet housing dig box and want to get them using it, what kind of “stuff” would you put in it?
d958feab96c5ce0f15fbd82d07dd7070.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky rabbits. Boo would love a digging box like that. When my buns did have a digging box I filled it with half play sand, half top soil which worked fine

That looks awesome! :D I use this kind of stuff (different brand, though): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Komodo-Tropical-Terrain-Compact-Brick/dp/B002MJVBNW It's coconut coir.

911GQ1Ooq4L._AC_SL700_.jpg

I used to use sand, but found it too dusty. That might've been the type of sand, though. I'm not sure if all sand is dusty. It was sand specifically for digging bunnies, not regular play sand.

Do you wet it to expand? I use this for potting up plants! Although going to assume I need a pet friendly version so I know it’s safe for bunnies.

Do you wet it to expand? I use this for potting up plants! Although going to assume I need a pet friendly version so I know it’s safe for bunnies.

Yes, that's right! You pour water on it and it expands and falls apart. I use it for plants, too, but for Casper and Sophie I use the reptile stuff so there's no plant food and stuff in it.

Back